starting spawn locations: ns2_tram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting spawn locations: ns2_tram

Please read the "mod: starting spawn locations" thread's opening post before posting in this thread.

I've not (yet?) modified starting spawn locations on ns2_tram.

Build 261's stock ns2_tram offers the following possible starting spawn location pairings (Marine, Alien):

Shipping, Warehouse
    Shipping, Server Room
    Warehouse, Shipping
    Server Room, Shipping

Do we want to leave it alone?

Do we want to let anyone start in Repair Room? What about Elevator Transfer? BOTH AT THE SAME TIME?!

Does anyone have other ideas?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: starting spawn locations: ns2_tram

I think adding the additional element of a Repair - Elevator spawn would be very fun.

Comment

Repair Elevator was tried a while ago, but it unfortunately ended up being disastrous on Aliens (putting them on either Repair or Elevator makes their cyst chain incredibly exposed, among other issues like constant close spawn issues.

Anyway, I think default spawn locations for tram are fine.

Comment

I think Kharaa Repair and Marine Server could be tried. but Aliens in Elevator is very difficult for cysting as mentioned above.

Comment

In that situation, I just think it's very dangerous to give Aliens access to 4 tech points. If marines go to warehouse, aliens take Ele and Shipping, while if they go to Ele, Aliens take Shipping and Warehouse. Worse, they can still easily contest (because of the short distance to all) whatever techpoint the marines do end up going for.

Comment

Default is good.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

The current status quo is pretty good, although I did entertain Repair-Elevator last night.
              However, I agree that it would be somewhat unfair for Aliens, though not for the reasons that were presented. I did not think of the cyst chain, nor the idea that one team or the other could be super aggressive and lock down 4 TP's (though that could happen as it is.) My thought was that if Aliens started in Elevator, the Marines could simply walk through Hub very quickly, and ARC it out. In that scenario, the Aliens lose access to the entire northern end of the map, since there is only that one entrance leading to/from Hub, and if the Marines send a group south through Shipping, they can hit and halt the Alien expansion at Observation.

Reversing the roles, however, with Marines at Elevator, and Aliens at Repair might be interesting, though you still run into the other issues.

Comment

Amazing.

Comment

tram spawns are fine as is, north always has a bit on an advantage but either team can spawn there and it is not a sure win by any means.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X