Easy way to make bot mode more fun!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to make bot mode more fun!

When the game starts... give every other TP to aliens. :) Faster spawning, marines will have to take ground instead of just boxing them into the one location where they spawn.

What do you guys think?

Re: Easy way to make bot mode more fun!

This sounds like a great idea. The bots are fun and all to kill time, but this might make it a bit more of a challenge.

As opposed to the challenge of trying to convince the one person who is killing the hive to stop until a few more people join the server.

Comment

Just allow 1 person to join aliens, to comm.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
        Just allow 1 person to join aliens, to comm.
        This too! But the bots are still handicapped by not being able to go higher lifeforms, so maybe multiple hives as well?

EDIT: And hey! That'll be a great way to teach rookies how to alien comm. :)

Comment

How about letting someone com Aliens, way more useful, as well as 3 hives.
          Or at least letting at least 1 person on Aliens.

Comment

I like the idea of all hives and a player comm.

Comment

Yea Beige is right! Let's have 3 hives and a player comm!

Comment

I've got code that lets one player onto the alien team during bots, but I didn't get it properly tested/deployed before I left town for Christmas (having a great one, btw -- hope you guys are, too).

Expect it in the new year.

( no hive changes. yet? )
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've tested the 1 player on aliens theory myself and it is quite fun though the mod did break at one point once the player limit was reached. I ended up playing Geri, Xavior, Zowart, and a few others over a LONG 1 hour game.

I'm wondering if we can scale the number of bots to how many people are playing. Like 2 bots get added for every player in additional the manual addition/subtraction process.

Comment

I've got a basic version of same in the works.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Some observations on alien comm in a bot game (from manually doing it):

1) Autobalance needs turned off for the duration of the round, so all aliens can respawn when dead (including player comm)

2) Spawning 3 hives at round start could be interesting. Otherwise alien comm can build them later.

3) You can control the bots using waypoints. I use the 'threat' waypoint repeatedly (and often) to guide them to their destination.

4) It's more interesting to play against. I used surprise 10+ skulk pushes at certain locations to overcome defenses.

5) All talk should be enabled by default when the bot match is activated.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

1) Autobalance needs turned off for the duration of the round, so all aliens can respawn when dead (including player comm)

2) Spawning 3 hives at round start could be interesting. Otherwise alien comm can build them later.

3) You can control the bots using waypoints. I use the 'threat' waypoint repeatedly (and often) to guide them to their destination.

4) It's more interesting to play against. I used surprise 10+ skulk pushes at certain locations to overcome defenses.

+1

Comment

+1000000000000000000000000000

Comment

Also, can we have the player count needed to end bots bumped up at least to 12?
                            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                              Also, can we have the player count needed to end bots bumped up at least to 12?
                              This. It seems like more often than not, we'll hit the 10 player limit, WinOrLose will activate, in 60 seconds we've either lost, or we managed to kill the hive, and we notice we're back down to 8 players. Since 5 v 5 is the bare minimum for a decent round in my humble opinion, we should add a couple of players onto this as a sort of buffer for quick leavers like in the example.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X