Unable to connect to TGNS : Invalid Data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to TGNS : Invalid Data

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I'm currently not able to connect to TGNS. All other servers respond and allow me to connect normally.

Things I've tried:
    - Verify Game Integrity
    - Re-install NS2
    - Disable cloud sync
    - Unsubscribe from all mods

TGNS is the only place that I enjoy this game at. You just can't beat the teamwork, communication, and the people!

Here's a screenshot of my console
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Re: Unable to connect to TGNS : Invalid Data

I just tried a connection and it went through without any issue; There are 17 people on the server as well, so I don't believe it's anything to do with the server per se.

Perhaps try again after the map has cycled?
    Sometimes the Steam Workshop can be a little buggy with its mod delivery, and other times a mod can be updated mid-round (although then you'd get a mod out of date error.)

Comment

Same thing happened to me just now, it says "Your game files do not match the server's."

Edit: Removing the "Hitch Remover Mod" seems to have fixed it. It worked last night(though it's no longer necessary), not sure what changed.

Comment

try connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com in the console and see if that makes any difference. I'm guessing the workshop is crapping out again.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Zek, and anyone else who might be enabling excess mods:
          You don't need to have the hitch remover mod enabled when playing on the TGNS server. It might be useful if you play on other servers that might not have it, but as most of these are server-side mods, loaded into the TGNS server already, the client-server communication will handle everything for you. Upon connection to the server, it will tell your client to automatically download all necessary mods enabled on the server.

The only mods you really need to have enabled are the ones that you personally want to play with (assuming it passes consistency checking.)

Comment

I removed the Hitch remover mod for now since it conflicts with the snowballs mod.

Comment

Still no luck. The map that's loaded on the server doesn't seem to affect my ability to connect.

TGNS is the only server that I can't connect to, so my only assumption is that this is something server side or a server mod. I have a clean install NS2, so I'm not sure what could be causing an issue on my client.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep em coming!
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Nothing helpful, but my client is corrupt in a way that 1) doesn't affect my ability to connect 2) is not corrected by any list of steps I've created or read anywhere.

My console is completely transparent (save the white text), and my map shows no trapezoid. I've been this way since roughly Build 249.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've deleted everything in my steam folder except "steamapps". Then I ran CCleaner to remove the missing registry entries. Then I rebooted, and reinstalled steam from a fresh download to the same folder you had before. Fixed a 'cannot connect to steam servers' issue I was having going into offline mode. Not sure if this will help in your case, but somebody could be screwy with steam/steam workshop that it might help with.

Comment

Wuss, I (coincidentally) removed several mods from the server tonight (they were only temporary). I have no idea if that will help you or not.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I saw that the extra mods were removed. Tried connecting again, with the same result.

Does anyone know of a debug command other than the standard console?

Comment

Apparently, my steam cloud data for Natural Selection 2 was corrupt. Following the steps outlined here in the Unknown Worlds forums resolved my issue.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...urs-ns2#latest

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X