Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain's Night 12/20

Friday 12/20 at 7pm CST.

I've been contemplating changing the picking structure slightly. Please vote on what version you would want:

mirage standard - First pick gets 1 player and to pick their side (aliens or marines); Second pick gets 2 players; then alternate 1 player a piece afterward till there are no players left

mirage tweaked - First pick gets 1 player; Second pick get 1 player and picks their side (aliens or marines); then alternate 1 player a piece afterward till there are no players left

Please vote on which style you'd like to try this Friday and as always the server/password will be announced 20 minutes prior to game time. Be sure to filter for passworded servers.
    mirage standard
    16.67%
    mirage tweaked
    83.33%

Re: Captain's Night 12/20

60 views and only 4 votes...come on people

Comment

As discussed in a previous picking/captains thread... I think the best way to pick is a snake draft. Captain Mirage picks first, Captain Aero makes two picks, Mirage picks twice, Aero picks twice, etc. The total pick value should then be 68. Currently, no one cares who picks the team and everyone prefers to pick 2nd since you get 2 of the top 3 players.

In the end no captains game can be perfectly balanced due to differences in who shows up that night and some people make bad draft choices. (seriously we could have Dark host a show on Mondays evaluating Captains picks and whether they should be fired :p)

Comment

Originally posted by Semantics View Post
        (seriously we could have Dark host a show on Mondays evaluating Captains picks and whether they should be fired :p)
        Jeez, I don't even know what to say, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Semantics View Post
          we could have Dark host a show on Mondays evaluating Captains picks and whether they should be fired
          A fake morning show with Dark? Makes me think of community. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMKb00_r4s

Anyway, I'd be up for trying a setup with pick 1, pick 2, pick 2, etc. but I personally think that having each captain pick 1 will give the desired result- more consistently balanced teams without adding even more complexity to the constant explanation process. As I said last night, the goal is really just to split up the top ~5 players a bit more evenly, which the 1 - 2 - 1 setup does horribly (assuming both captains pick well).

Also, you might get more interest if you changed the topic name, Mirage. I just assumed this was one of those redundant Captain's Night map vote polls.

Comment

Well my only complaint is that plenty of people view the thread but only a couple had voted. I'm just going to assume that people who show up in Friday will be fine with the voting results since they had their chance to voice an opinion :P

Comment

Give us the option to vote multiple times, then. :P

I would not be opposed to trying that 1-2-2 snake draft style.
              If nothing else, it ensures there are fewer voting "rounds", and should theoretically mean teams get picked faster.
              Then again, what do I know, people find ways to stall the picking process no matter what I come up with.

In other news, morning show likely wouldn't work, since I don't get up all that early. :P
              But seriously, I have no idea what's involved in running one, nor the format of such a thing. What the heck do people do on these shows? The weather?

Comment

Mirage (or anyone else) have objections to trying out my grenade tweak mod for captains night?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...92&searchtext=

The current changes:

- Grenades now unlock at game start requiring no research
                - Lowered cost for each grenade to 2 pres
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I'd have no problem with that

Comment

I really like the 1 pick per captain much better than the 2 pick. Seems a lot more fair after doing this last night in a captain's game.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

So, username/password will be here?

Comment

tonight on Taunt, pass is tgns1234

Comment

Did the server change names?

Comment