'Posthumous' kick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Posthumous' kick

Could we consider an option to keep certain player on the kick list even after they've left?

Today, I had a player who suddenly started cursing up a storm, saying f you, f this, f this server, etc., etc. By the time I got to the kick menu, he was already gone. So potentially (though not likely, however) he could rejoin at a later time to wreck some kind of terrible, pathetic "vengeance" upon the server. This is not the first, second, or even third time this has happened to me.

What would be the point of this? Well as I understand it (and this might have changed, who knows) but it's 3 strikes and you're out, yes? So this guy shouldn't be able to escape without a strike just because he was smart enough to leave quickly.

I've already forgotten his name. :( Kalost might remember, he was on too.

Re: 'Posthumous' kick

You mean kind of like....a temp ban?

There will usually be admins on to handle it if he actually attempts to do so again. For all we know, that player was frustrated for a variety of reasons and next time he plays in a better mood, he is actually quite personable.
    Unless his behavior was that bad and warranted a ban, I think just letting other admins handle it and giving him the benefit of doubt is enough.

Comment

I agree w/ Dark.

I'm also OK with it being known that Shine offers such a tool out of the box, and it's available to full admins.

It's not typical to ban now-absent players on the spot without a report in the CAA forum (and time to discuss, review logs, etc).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post

I've already forgotten his name. :( Kalost might remember, he was on too.
        Keep in mind names are not vital if you give the other relevant info (map, approximate time, what happened) in the contact an admin section when issues arise that they should be aware of.
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by DarkScythe View Post
          You mean kind of like....a temp ban?

There will usually be admins on to handle it if he actually attempts to do so again. For all we know, that player was frustrated for a variety of reasons and next time he plays in a better mood, he is actually quite personable.
          Unless his behavior was that bad and warranted a ban, I think just letting other admins handle it and giving him the benefit of doubt is enough.
          No... not at all... I mean, I wanted to kick this player, and he left before I had a chance to kick him, which would have marked him down as having one strike. As it is now, he's got a spotless record as far as the server is concerned. Considering the manner in which he stormed off, this is not acceptable.

Comment

The only hard three-strikes rule which exists is inside a single map. His leaving hasn't reset/affected any long-term, fixed, simple counter, as none such exists.

Do please report problems in the CAA forum, when you can manage it.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              The only hard three-strikes rule which exists is inside a single map. His leaving hasn't reset/affected any long-term, fixed, simple counter, as none such exists.

Do please report problems in the CAA forum, when you can manage it.
              Oh I thought it was 3 times total, not per map change.

Nevermind in that case.

EDIT: Still... I really wanted to kick that guy... :(

Comment

Can we get a magical ban hammer that predicts and subsequently reacts to players BEFORE they get in the server? Cuz... yanno... since we're talking about things that don't exist. :P

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                  Can we get a magical ban hammer that predicts and subsequently reacts to players BEFORE they get in the server? Cuz... yanno... since we're talking about things that don't exist. :P

Mom
                  http://www.ns2bans.com/
                  Next! :P

Comment

I cant remember my own name half the time...but yeah he left before action could take place. no big deal.
                    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

On a serious note... I've been considering this thread throughout my work day, playing with an idea in my head the whole time.

Would it be profitable to expand on the !vr command.... that is:

Wyz: EFF BOMB YOUR SERVER (but I'm going to still play here for a while)
                      Mom: !vr! Wyz
                      Server: Wyzcrak we do not allow some behavior here. Please hit M blah blah blah...
                      Wyz: OMG, I'M SO PWNED E'R TIME I PLAY HURR.

Kinda like a warning without the admin having to type out @soandso Dude, chillax, brah.

Get my meaning?

Mom
                      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                      Forever Perplexed

Comment

We have enough trouble training people to use !vr effectively, and you want them to memorize more commands?
                        On the occasion that other offenses happen, such as F bombs, there will usually be /multiple/ people telling the offender to calm down, not just the one, so it should be okay as-is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X