Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server is moving to Chicago (temporary?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server is moving to Chicago (temporary?)

After months of only many regulars having network troubles to the server, I've decided to give Chicago a chance to give us a better experience (we've been in Virginia so far).

The server will move tomorrow (Monday). I'll post in this thread (and update this post) with the new IP, but you'll be able to find us in the stock server browser anytime, regardless of city.

With input from players and observation, the admins will judge the Chicago network experience for all players on average and decide if we'll stay in Chicago or move back to Virginia.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Server is moving to Chicago (temporary?)

Thanks Wyz, I will try to make sure to monitor the route more closely.
    It seems like the Virginia hops have been fairly bad all around for a while, so hopefully moving to Chicago will avoid those.

Comment

Virginia did this.

Comment

Has the server been down all day?

Comment

Yes. It'll come online in the next hour.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i for one living in iowa, appreciate you moving the server closer, not that a little less lag is gonna help me shoot anybody

Comment

Originally posted by spiffjbug View Post
              i for one living in iowa, appreciate you moving the server closer, not that a little less lag is gonna help me shoot anybody
              As a chicagoan, i also approve of this. can't wait.

Comment

It'll give you guys something to do while you're all stuck inside from the cold.

Comment

Also checking in from IA. Can't wait to try it out - several nights I had a terrible last hop to the server, here's hoping this improves it!

IP: 68.70.169.211

Comment

Anecdotally, the server seemed more consistent to most players tonight, with the exception of the weird server crash toward the end.

Will keep monitoring for issues.

Comment

The connection definitely seemed to be better for me (in Atlanta). If the server was in Virginia previously then it was probably in the DC area and therefore all-the-way on the east side of the US and in a very busy hub.

If Chicago doesn't workout you can always move it to Atlanta!

Comment

The connection definitely seemed to be better for me (in Atlanta). If the server was in Virginia previously then it was probably in the DC area and therefore all-the-way on the east side of the US and in a very busy hub.

If Chicago doesn't workout you can always move it to Atlanta!

Comment

Sever is down... Moving it again?

Comment

Looks up to me, holding at 16/17 players right now.
                            The server's IP has changed, so make sure you look up the new TacticalGamer.com server in your server browser.

Comment

Closer to me now, so working good, but no issues before.

One thing we did notice that was with the max number of bots added (25?) the server became extremely choppy to the point that everyone was rubber banding around. Don't recall if this happened previously or not.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X