Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod added to server: electrified nodes

Just kidding.

Hey, all. I'm kid-free on Sat, Jan 18, and I hope to play DURING THE DAY (shocker).

Just wanted to tell everyone, because, frankly, I'm pretty excited.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: mod added to server: electrified nodes

lol

Comment

I approve of this thread. Electrified nodes 4 life.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

aero your a modder make this happen!!!
        Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Oh man! I miss those. But, if we are going to beef up Marines defenses (of which they already have a fair share of), let's add an upgrade to harvesters. I vote for two separate upgrades.

1: For 5 Res cost and 25 second timer, Gasp. It emits a spore cloud when attacked with the AOE of a cyst radius. This forces marines to waste ammo taking it down, or risk dying to spore. Slows down that marine aggression.

2: For 7 Res cost and 35 second timer, Shield. This emits a spore cloud twice the radius of Gasp, and an umbra cloud the original AOE. It has to be "activated" by the khamm for an additional 2 res, and has a 10 second recharge.

Nah, just kidding. That's awesome Wyz! I DO have my kids this weekend, but I'll try to get online some! I'm hoping to be on tonight!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing our second server turn into a Mod server where we create and use mods that we could consider strategic. There's a vast difference between OMG SHOTGUN SKULKS and something as strategically sound as some of the stuff ^. It may even serve to populate both servers to full every night. Just my .02.

That said, Beige posted the other day in the THIS! On TGNS! NOOWWW thread about the ink from shades. My idea for a mod would be to give Lerks the (researchable) ability to do this at 1 hive. It doesn't dmg people, but the lerk with just nibbles and spikes can fly into a room and drop this ink the same as he would spores on a group of marines. :P

Mom
            Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
            Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
            Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
              to give Lerks the (researchable) ability to do this at 1 hive.
              Nope. Nopenopenope. Might be an interesting 3 hive ability (although umbra alone is pretty huge), but do we really need to give Marines -another- early game mechanic to worry about?

I'm no modder, but if anything, my only change would be to make gorge tunnels tied to either Biomass 1 or 2. As fun as it is to use the early gorge tunnel lockdown strats we've seen on the server lately, I think that if they were delayed slightly, we'd see more consistently great games. I'm certainly not saying that the strat has never been countered, but just a -slight- delay (1 or 2 biomass don't take long after all, and the khammander would only need to delay dropping mass RTs to afford it) would make a world of difference.

Comment

Lol. Whatever. You know you wanna be sprayed with my Lerk drunk-gas. Tell me it wouldn't be epic.

Mom
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Pfft. I have enough fun dealing with/dying from your loving spikes and divebomb-bites, thanks!

Comment

Dying from, hell. My lerk is suffering lately, and your shotgun seems to be getting better. Last night I stayed FAR away from you in biodome.

Lol.

And besides, this mechanic would likely only server to kill more lerks, as they would be much more likely to try to get in before the rest of the push and blind you guys before the skulks hit. Imagine God trying to pull this off before his buddies attack you instead of just spiking you from across the room. :P

And, I'd just like to add... yes I am at work.. yes I am bored cuz it's Sunday on the help desk... and yes I will fill this forum up with my replies because I have nothing better to do. :D

Mom
                    Last edited by YerMom; 01-19-2014, 03:19 PM. Reason: Didn't remove the typo.. cuz obviously the tech guy types server far too often.

Forever Perplexed

Comment

The mod/secondserver stuff intrigues me. I'll focus on that later.

I do want to thank everyone that played this weekend, as I've had an absolute blast.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyz... if we're going to go down this road with the second server sometime in the future, I think it'd be great to get some more coders in our ranks. I'd love to be able to write the code for stuff like the elec node or blinding spores, etc... but I just don't know LUA.

And yes, later indeed. Once I finish balancing maps for TGNS so we can play something besides OMG GAIZ LET'S VOTE FOR SUMMIT AGAIN.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                          Wyz... if we're going to go down this road with the second server sometime in the future, I think it'd be great to get some more coders in our ranks. I'd love to be able to write the code for stuff like the elec node or blinding spores, etc... but I just don't know LUA.
                          I'm always happy to help people with coding problems/questions, but I don't have the time to write mods for NS2 anymore myself. If anyone is working on one and gets stuck or has a Lua question feel free to message me on Steam. Same applies for any other coding language, but is less applicable to this thread. ;)
                          remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X