New Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project

I'm aware many of you haven't played my new version of Tanith yet. I'm sure we will in the future.. (I'll be off Thursday thru Saturday, hint hint). The only major issue I have with it right now is that Marine Start won't allow the Comm to build on most of the floor. I'm working through that slowly, and may have to rebuild the room. That said, it is playable if the Comm can be patient. There is still stuff that needs to be done, but nothing major if I don't have to rebuild that room or others.

I need a new map to edit. I don't have the time to finish the map I started, but I can find the time to edit something already made.

I don't even have an idea of where to start. I checked out ns2_lost, but it looks like it's still greybox, and I certainly don't have the time to detail a map.

Do you guys have any suggestions for what you'd want to have changed next? Again, please take into consideration my limited time. I can do edits for balancing and maybe even rebuild a few hallways or rooms, but I cannot redo an entire map (agora, anyone?).

Leave your suggestions here and I will consider them. Please remember that I CAN edit official maps and create a TGNS version. I cannot, however, make eclipse less hallway-y. :P

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: New Project

Actually, nevermind. There is an almost complete version of lost on the workshop, and another version of nancy. I think we need to play test lost so I can start work on it next. I'd like to bring back all the NS1 maps I can.

Feel free to leave suggestions, but if Lost is decent, I'm probably going to edit it next. Thougts on that?

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Comment

Hi Mom

The one thing I would suggest on Tanith is more boxes or posts or debris around the hallways and in some rooms. This will make it easier for Aliens to hide. As for now it is a shooting gallery since it is so wide open.
      NZXT Phantom 820 | Antec 1200w PS |Intel Core i7 3770K @4.4
      Corsair H110 liquid cooler|ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 2 X EVGA GTX 680 4GB SLI
      GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 2133GHz - 8GBx2 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD

Comment

I know you said you don't have time to create a new map but just to throw it out there for conversation I think BR-Anubis ( http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/BR-Anubis ) would make a pretty awesome NS2 map. It would need some changes of course to fit the NS2 gameplay (additional hallways and small rooms) but the basic structure of Anubis would work well for a 4 tech point with double RT in central type map. It would be especially cool if it were created with new textures/meshes/etc to actually look like the original map since it could be a Kharaa planet or Kharaa gateway to a human inhabited system (Stargate anyone?) instead of being the obvious grey marine structure like most (all) NS2 maps are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X