bans issued w/ sh_ commands are now sync'd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bans issued w/ sh_ commands are now sync'd

The following applies to the sh_ commands that add/remove bans. It does not apply to bans added/removed via Web UI (these do not sync -- let's try to avoid this method moving forward).

Bans added on the server now sync to the shared database. Bans are read from the shared database at map change.

For details on how this works, and what happens in failure scenarios, read Shine's Bans documentation.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: bans issued w/ sh_ commands are now sync'd

Who is this for? As a guardian, I thought we could only kick.

Comment

Bah. This is for full admins only. Sorry. Wrong forum at 3AM. :(

Although, this /does/ apply to the two-hour ban that happens automatically to folks who get kicked (for offenses -- reserved slot bumps, AFK, etc don't count) three times during the same map, so Guardians take note.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Guardians can issue tempbans, if I recall correctly. Otherwise, if a player is kicked 3 times within the same map, they are automatically banned (temp?)

I do agree that the documentation would likely not make much sense to most players though, and would fit more in the admin forum as that's likely where the majority of bans will take place.
        It's an interesting read, though. Seeing as they have a force sync command, I wonder if you could periodically trigger that just to capture any bans that weren't done via the Shine system.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X