Tips to improve aim on marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips to improve aim on marines

What tends to work best for me as a marine and a skulk is to say over the mic "Follow me, I'll be bait!" and then rush blindly into a room hoping my teammates hurt the enemy that attacks me enough for me to steal a kill.
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
      What tends to work best for me as a marine and a skulk is to say over the mic "Follow me, I'll be bait!" and then rush blindly into a room hoping my teammates hurt the enemy that attacks me enough for me to steal a kill.
      The trick here is to wait until the Skulk kills Roland first, THEN shoot it while it's in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by Retraced View Post
        The trick here is to wait until the Skulk kills Roland first, THEN shoot it while it's in the open.
        BUT, then who will weld me!!! WHO?!?! He must be kept alive to weld and be bait in the next fishing expedition.

Pro tip as a skulk: Just keep thinking/yelling "you can't hit me" over and over. I like to do this when I run into a room of 3 or more marines by myself. Comms will tell you to go as a group, but I find saying "you can't hit me" works pretty good.

Comment

Having friendly fire on also really helped me get better at aim because it made it critical for me not to miss during a lot of engagements.
          remi.D

Comment

Yeah I suggest practicing with FF on

Comment

As echoed here by many an increase in FPS will help you more than any aiming, mouse or whatever because that is the first limiting factor to improving anything else down the chain.

NS2 is incredibly CPU bound due to the LUA scripting, overclocking your CPU gives great results so does GPU. Intel still has a good advantage over AMD as far as floating point operations (which these 3D games use). A good example of this is compare the CPU upgrade you were looking at to a first gen Core I7 920 on this site.
              www.anandtech.com - CPU / GPU bench

Both CPUs are very close to performance in games but the AMD offering is clocked much higher. Most I7 920s (and even I5) can easily do 4.0 ghz on air or standard off the shelf water cooling without a breaking a sweat.

As far as GPU is concerned, a 7870 Radeon (Tahiti) is a great 2nd gen offering that have been selling at $150. I upgraded from a 5870 (4 generations ago) to a 7970 and the performance in NS2 skyrocketed.

Stopgap interim fixes to improve FPS, OC your CPU, OC your GPU, turn all graphical options down to lowest and run the lowest resolution possible.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X