Starting spawn locations: ns2_eclipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting spawn locations: ns2_eclipse

In an effort to try and make this map less hated... would it be too much of a burden to make it so the Marines cannot start at Marine Start? I don't really care if the teams start beside each other...

The main concern I'm trying to address (without having to actually edit the map) is the distance from Marine Start to the first nodes they get. It's been the subject of much... discomfort in many of the eclipse games I've played.

So... maybe we can try to force the spawns to random between the 3 hives on the southern side of the map, and call MS the extra hive?

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Starting spawn locations: ns2_eclipse

Couldn't get any worse. I'm up for it!

Comment

Marines start eclipse, aliens start computer core.... Oh god why

Comment

Bump. Thoughts Wyz?

Mom
        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Get at least 7 folks (you've already got two -- you and Beige) to post here saying they're game, and we'll try it one night.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm willing to help test it out.

Comment

3 of us. Bump.

Please voice your opinion on changing spawn points for ns2_eclipse. It is very likely the map will remain the same at this point if we do not change either the spawn points or the resource availability to Marines. I need to know which you guys want done so maybe we can enjoy this map rather than loathe it.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

In NS1 marines had an RT in T-junction right before keyhole (back when they weren't separate areas connected by a long hallway). In even earlier versions they had an RT in the little alcove before the ramp that led to T-junction. Would be interesting to see the keyhole RT move to the old NS1 position.

I'm up for making marine start the alien spawn, and comp core a marine spawn as a test. That is, in the rare instance the map is voted for :P
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Look at me dropping clickable text like Aero did on me a second ago..

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I personally would not try to change start locations so drastically.
                    Maps generally have a flow to them, and changing where teams spawn to a location where they were not supposed to spawn can make things quite a bit worse.

If marines have so much trouble getting RT's from Marine Start, how bad would it be for aliens who have to manage a cyst chain through those very same corridors that have no alternate paths?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X