So Who Remembers The Ship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Who Remembers The Ship?

I remember it was warmly recieved by most of our Natural Selection community a while back and produced some amazingly hilarious and fun nights of mutual assassination.

So....

I am ecstatic to offer everyone a look at the new version of The Ship!

The Ship Source!!!

More Photos here

http://www.theshiponline.com/index.p...=show&id=13811

We need to play this game again...I can still hear Tempest and Don Mac laughing hysterically when I look at these photos...
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: So Who Remembers The Ship?

Pretty cool game, I would love to play it with some TG buds.

Comment

Is it actually out?

Comment

Just the old Half Life 1 Version, which is still a blast I might add.
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

Last time I looked there was hardly anyone playing.

Comment

There hardly ever is...its not very popular due to the few servers that exist and its lack of exposure to gamers...

Personally I wish that could change, its a great concept and it plays wonderfully.
            -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

I thought the Ship's biggest flaws was that you moved very slowly and the maps were pretty big. It just seemed to make it like a lot of wandering around and very little of the actually doing stuff (and the game wasn't nearly pretty enough to make wandering around interesting). But that is easily remedied.

P.S. Nice avatar Enigma.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                I thought the Ship's biggest flaws was that you moved very slowly and the maps were pretty big. It just seemed to make it like a lot of wandering around and very little of the actually doing stuff (and the game wasn't nearly pretty enough to make wandering around interesting). But that is easily remedied.

P.S. Nice avatar Enigma.
                You know you could hold down shift to run...and remember the whole point of this game is to assassinate your quarry in the most bizzare way possible without him knowing who you are so large map size and slower gameplay are required but equally as tense as a game of NS.

I think we need a reunion game of this...How is tonight looking for everyone?

Oh and the avatar is quite nice Enigma, albeit confusing.
                -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Somebody has got to want to play this....well the first one anyway. It gets boring withought friends. I shall be on TS :D.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                    You know you could hold down shift to run...and remember the whole point of this game is to assassinate your quarry in the most bizzare way possible without him knowing who you are so large map size and slower gameplay are required but equally as tense as a game of NS.
                    As I recall, your character couldn't run 30 feet without requiring some naptime.

Comment

Never played it, but sounds interesting as hell. I'm in, PM devices in my profile, or I'll probably be on IRC.

EDIT: so is there actually a way to get this stateside? their only listed downloads are UK only.
                      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I got it stateside...

http://www.outerlight.com/theship/

the third link (the outerlight one) is the one I used and it worked quite well.

Hook up with us if you want to play though, it isnt as much fun if you dont have someone you know playing with you on teamspeak (and laughing at you when you get shot).
                        -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

I downloaded it, and will be around the next couple of days if you want to try getting a game going.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Heck yeah, I'm in. I'll keep an eye on the ts server so we can hook up again. Downloading it again now.
                            Rm 14:2 NIV
                            One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

mmm...blunderblussing tempest....mmm
                              -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X