sh_wraplength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh_wraplength

I've written and deployed sh_wraplength, to allow longer chat lines.

When you use this command, you're specifying what percentage of the client's available chat width should be used for rendering messages.

Default, stock behavior is left unchanged unless you specify a new wrap length percentage for yourself. Specify a 0 (zero) length percentage to revert to stock wrapping behavior.

Examples

sh_wraplength 80
    sh_wraplength 100
    sh_wraplength 65
    sh_wraplength 0

Values are remembered across map and server boundaries.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-05-2014, 03:14 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sh_wraplength

To be clear, the maximum length for messages as of 263 has been increased from 80 to 120 characters. I don't believe there is any benefit to setting a value larger than 120. "Default" length in prior builds is 80, if you simply wish to go back to how it used to be.
    Line wrapping is the number of characters the game chat displays before sending the rest of your message into a second line. 263's new system now employs a varying character limit depending on player resolution, but total message length is still bound by the 120 character limit.

Comment

Total message length tends to get me since I'm garrulous more often than not in chat, but having it display more characters on a single line is a good thing too, particularly with the abundance of widescreen monitors.

Comment

Build 267 of NS2 changes how chat is rendered to the screen, and it still limits its rendered width, and this mod still allows you more flexibility than the stock implementation.

But, because of implementation changes in how 267 renders text, this command now takes a /percentage/ parameter, expressed as a whole number between 10 and 100.

You may have to issue the command once again, once you're in 267, to get the desired results.

I've updated OP with new guidance.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Bumping for newer folks. This command is really nice if you prefer to have more control over how your chat text is wrapped. I have mine set to

sh_wraplength 100

such that chat text just doesn't wrap, but extends across my screen. But to each his own. See OP for usage details.

Comment

Bump again. 276 broke this, and I've fixed it. It's a great command.

Comment

Does it fix the thing where the text is wrapping in the middle of words?

Comment

I doubt it, as it just gives you more control over max width.

I set mine to 100% such that chat text never wraps at all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X