AHK to allow NS2 Alt-Tab...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHK to allow NS2 Alt-Tab...

Just sharing. There may be a more elegant solution to this problem elsewhere, but I've had good luck with this one for weeks now.

I use this AutoHotKey script to use Left Alt (voice) and Tab (scoreboard) at the same time in NS2 w/o task switching out of the game. I can press the keys in any sequence and for any duration, getting their expected in-game behavior, w/o task switching out of the client.

The Beginnerís Guide to Using an AutoHotkey Script explains how to use this. Let me know if you have any questions. My machine just runs the script in the background at all times, so I don't have to think about it when I sit down to play.

When I want to task switch out of NS2 for any reason, I use Windows-B.

Code:
    #Persistent

#ifWinActive Natural Selection 2
    {
      LAlt & Tab::Send {Tab Down}
      LAlt & Tab Up::Send {Tab Up}
    }
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: AHK to allow NS2 Alt-Tab...

Does the sound play when you're "alt tabbed" like in older builds, or does the problem still remain? I changed my voice key to "TAB" and my scoreboard to "B", what I used in NS1. That is, when I was able to play NS2, lol.

Also, while we're talking about handy and useful programs, there's WinAutomation.

If any of you guys do any work that requires lots of repetitive steps.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

No sound when switched out. :(
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

this is great. thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse