X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiddler
    replied
    Re: Rookie Comm Night

themed nights are cool. Even if there isn't 6 on here I'm sure that rookie comm night could be fun.

Leave a comment:

• jack^
    replied

with enough interest I would try to organize an event for this. Ideally we would have at least 4 to 6 rookie commanders. this would allow us to play several rounds. the rest could be filled with regulars of any level. That being said, if only a few rookie comms express interest I'm more inclined to help them learn on normal server hours.

Leave a comment:

• Kronos
    replied

I would be interested too, off hours eastern time either on weekday evenings or weekend works and as Master Bob said would be good to be able to schedule in advance if we get enough interest to do one.

Leave a comment:

• Master Bob
    replied

I have interest in doing this. My ideal time would be any time on Sundays; I'd just want a few days notice to schedule that time.

Leave a comment:

• jack^
    replied

i'd like to poll interest in this as an event. please post here if you would be interested in attending and your ideal time.
    Last edited by jack^; 05-01-2014, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddler
    replied

[MENTION=59766]BeigeAlert[/MENTION] What am I chopped liver!? :P

Leave a comment:

• Kronos
    replied

Yes I've done a lot of this recently (edit - practice with bots) and like Fiddler I do pretty well commanding on pub servers where knowledge of what to do when is half the battle (sometimes the other half is telling your teammates who are yelling at you to do one thing or another to go soak their heads in one fashion or another) but definitely don't feel like I'm up to snuff against the expected full teamwork and strategy of regular play at our TGNS2 servers. Not sure Wednesdays work since I'd often be home later than 9ET myself but like the idea.

Leave a comment:

• BeigeAlert
    replied

The biggest problem I can see with holding a rookie comm night is... we don't really have any rookie comms! At least not any that are frequenting these forums.

Leave a comment:

• Wyzcrak
    replied

Good challenge against bots. Don't click on any of the bottom-right comm buttons. Do everything with the keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• jack^
    replied

another good time to familiarize yourself with the chair/buttons/binds is with bots. and it'll help seed the server. obviously this isn't the same as commanding a real game but at least gets you used to what and where the buttons are.

Leave a comment:

• miragezors
    replied

Ya'll are more than welcome to host this type of function on one of the servers, just understand that not everyone might find it agreeable when they connect to the server.

Leave a comment:

• ssjsonic1
    replied

Couldn't get it started. Some people wanted an admin to 'officially' say that it was happening before they'd participate. One week just saw too many 'strangers' and not enough 'regulars', which is one of the requirements for it to happen. I still want to see this flesh out, but without the voice of an admin, it is unlikely to happen.

Call your representatives and tell them to vote yes!

Leave a comment:

• vts
    replied

How did 12th Wenesday get on?

Was it a success and did you achive your goals
    and has it been repeated since?

Been away from NS2 for a bit and like the Idea's
    TG has always been about helping newer players in NS and other games

Feed back would be useful from both the trainers and the trainees to see if this helped or could be improved at all

Thanks in advance for your input.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddler
    replied

We doin another one of these sometime? I can usualy comm pretty well on random servers but when it gets competitive around here I tend to fall behind. I'd also love to learn a few more strategies before trying to comm a captains game.

Leave a comment:

• ssjsonic1
    replied

Reminder, join us on Wednesday, 9-11 EDT.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X