Any love for Custom Hud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any love for Custom Hud?

Ah, I guess that is what is going on (verified). I had it installed and turned on locally so it was showing it to me in that way.
    remi.D

Comment

I'm all for this mod, just look ( forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2190532/#Comment_2190532 ) at these hitbox improvements in crossroads!

Comment

Something like hitbox improvements aren't really hud related though and should be server side forced to all players if in use to keep things even. Pretty impressive though for sure.

Playing around with the options some, not sure how well I like some of the changes, but so many options to choose from means I have a lot of other options to try. Some things I'm really appreciating, others not sure about, nothing so far has been really negative IMO.

Comment

I love the hitbox improvements, but really think it should be split out into a separate mod.

Comment

Re: the crossroads hitbox improvements. They most certainly are enforced to all players on the server, provided the server itself is running custom hud (if it isn't, the hitbox changes wouldn't be present at all). What I mean is, there is never a point that one player's hitreg/collision detection differs from another, whether CHUD is present or not. If by server side enforced you meant an official patch-- that would be the ideal scenario, but as mentioned in the OP, UWE has been incredibly slow to release even vital fixes that have been done for weeks/months.

Re: One mod vs. multiple. The feature creep is definitely something that could be a concern and both Wyz and I brought it up in a brief discussion with Mendasp. It would seem his preference is to change the name before splitting CHUD up into separate mods (I'm not saying I agree with that decision). At that point, it's a matter of seeing what the scope of the mod will be.

Personally, (and again, I speak for no one else) provided that the mod stays within its current scope- GUI and Map Fixes (like the hitbox improvements and the NSL Lowlights Option)- I would be more than happy if it remains on the server. Mendasp has already stated that if the mod were to expand to include something along the lines of ns2stats' end of round achievements, etc. he will be certain to add the ability for the server operator to disable/enable it, as appropriate.

If balance changes were to be brought in I would be among the first to vote it down, but that will more than likely remain in the scope of the NSL Balance mod that I mentioned (and recommended that we give time to mature before considering adding it to TG), which is currently being worked on by Rantology, Grissi, and others.

The mod adds quite a few options and, yes, makes life easier in some ways for both Marines and Aliens, but I'm confident that it isn't in a way that will shift balance (including the Alien Vision options, and that's coming from a Marine-biased player).

Comment

Just thought I'd mention I've been throughly enjoying this mod on the server since we've had it.
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Ditto. I can actually use alien vision again!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X