Approvals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approvals

I've added chevrons to each player's row on the scoreboard (thanks to aero for the images!). Click anyone's chevron to show Approval -- for whatever reason! They'll get subtle, encouraging feedback on their scoreboard (so will you!).

Approving a Stranger will execute sh_affirm against them. Beyond being nice, there's no real purpose -- yet? -- to Approving a Regular.

For now, there's no way to see how many total cumulative times you've affirmed or been affirmed. It's just an easy, convenient way to let others know you appreciate what they're doing.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Approvals

Just because there will be confusion about this, the chevrons are listed only for other players!
    Your own player row will not show a chevron, but rather, show a pair of numbers -- '0:0' which is the indicator for how many approvals you've sent and received.

Comment

I've noticed that it will display an inaccurate number of approvals that i've given/received but then will correct itself when i give out an approval.

Also, seems to add a lot of confusion to new players, since this seems like a easier method to use the affirm command, maybe it should only be visible for primer signers? does it have a function to non-primers?

Comment

No function for Stranger users atm.

I noticed the incorrect counts. I'll try to solve that.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think I've solved the incorrect counts problem. Please let me know if you see it again.

Comment

To lessen the learning curve for Strangers, I've disabled the rendering of this feature from their scoreboards.

Comment

As this currently only provides a function to non-primers, would it make sense to only have the icon appear on non-primers? It would help to quickly identify them and maybe even use it more.

Comment

Well, the server tracks usage, and may at some point in the future reward or otherwise acknowledge non-stranger recipients retroactively.

So, don't consider it a waste of time to recognise regulars with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                  To lessen the learning curve for Strangers, I've disabled the rendering of this feature from their scoreboards.
                  Very helpful, thank you!

Comment

The player you Approve now hears a quiet sound when you Approve them. If /you/ hear the sound, it means someone is approving of something /you're/ doing.

These approvals are tracked, and we're still not sure what application may yet react to them down the road. In the meantime, it's a great way to quickly create positive reinforcement in other players.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      The player you Approve now hears a quiet sound when you Approve them. If /you/ hear the sound, it means someone is approving of something /you're/ doing.

These approvals are tracked, and we're still not sure what application may yet react to them down the road. In the meantime, it's a great way to quickly create positive reinforcement in other players.
                      I haven't checked in a while, but are these approvals displayed to other players in any way? When this was first unveiled, in my mind I likened it to the "awesomes" in the UWE forums. You can click on someone's profile and see how many "awesomes" they have accumulated, and in a way is a decent indication of who all is active in the community. As it is right now, the approvals are rarely used, and probably won't be until there's some more depth to it. For example, what if I could give Wyzcrack an approval, BUT also provide a reason for it as well. Maybe a text-based command like: "!approve Wyzcrack Did a great job commanding".

Comment

Reasons will likely be coming before too long.

Comment

Approvals are now displayed to:

) sender
                          ) receiver
                          ) sender's team
                          ) receiver's team
                          ) spectators

Only the name of the recipient and the reason are displayed. Sender's identity is not displayed (it is logged, and it's displayed to full admins).

You may now specify a reason (up to 20 characters) when approving someone via console or chat.

Console:

sh_approve wyz great mine placement

Chat:

^ wyz great mine placement

Approval reasons now appear on the Community page of the TGNS Portal.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Comment

And does being approved still provide some protection from reserved slots to strangers?
                            remi.D

Comment

/Affirming/ does, which is an implied operation when issuing an Approval to a Stranger with fewer than 10 games on the server (if someone hasn't already Affirmed him since he joined).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X