TGNS Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Portal

I've launched TGNS Portal as a "functional supplement to our two game servers". The site offers various features to augment your experiences as a player. Some are more exciting than others. I'd like to highlight two and let you discover the rest.

Reset Servers : fix a server that's become broken due to Steam Workshop instability. This ability has been previously available only to full admins.

FullSpec : opt into sh_fullspec without having to already be on the server. Useful when you want to spectate a full game and previously forgot to opt in.

The site will offer more features in time.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TGNS Portal

Beautiful. Probably known bug, but the tagline link should maybe be disabled until fixed?

When clicking taglines:
    Error.
    An error occurred while processing your request.

I don't see anything peculiar in the web console when trying out taglines either.

Comment

Just to doublecheck, were you logged in via Steam at the time?
      Did any other pages display that error message?

In our testing, I don't believe we ever ran into a time where the taglines page failed to load.

Comment

The tagline problem is fixed. I really appreciate the reports like this. It's very difficult to me to test every scenario (this time: double quotes in the tagline, which I definitely want to support), and so I don't beat myself up thinking of too many fringe scenarios before I launch non-critical stuff.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Losing = reset server :D (kidding!!!)

Looks nice!

Also, tagline isn't fixed, still doing it to me. :( I'm logged in with steam and everything.

I've got two bronze badges!!! Endurance and Competitor. Are there any others? :DDDDDDD

Comment

Thankfully there are measures in place to prevent the use of the server reset function whenever people are trying to play the game.
            People will quickly find out if you are trying to abuse it, though.

Yes, there are other badges. Keep playing to find the rest.

Comment

Tagline still isn't working. :( Just making sure the right people (ie Wyz) saw this. :)

Comment

What happens and how does it differ from what you expect?

Comment

I'm logged in (or... at least it SAYS "BeigeAlert" in the upper-right corner) and when I click the "tagline" button, it gives me that "An error occurred while processing your request." message.

Comment

I like this. :)

Also, I don't know if it's in plans for the future, or out of the question for that matter, but sending strangers to the portal could be much easier on everyone involved when they are seeking more information about how to become regulars. It would be much easier for us to type "go to rr.tacticalgamer.com for info" since it can be bothersome and time consuming in server to talk them through tg.com look for ns etc...

If nothing else, a 'welcome stranger! start your journey here' type link that would send them to the required reading thread that they can use.
                    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I like this.

Also, I don't know if it's in plans for the future, or out of the question for that matter, but sending strangers to the portal could be much easier on everyone involved when they are seeking more information about how to become regulars. It would be much easier for us to type "go to rr.tacticalgamer.com for info" since it can be bothersome and time consuming in server to talk them through tg.com look for ns etc...

If nothing else, a 'welcome stranger! start your journey here' type link that would send them to the required reading thread that they can use.
                      'M > Info' fulfills this function, which points to much of TG related information (which opens in a steam overlay window).
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

[MENTION=821]micr0c0sm[/MENTION] is the Portal's tagline page working for you?

Comment

[MENTION=59766]BeigeAlert[/MENTION] I think I've fixed the data problem (on my end) that was causing /your/ problem. Could you please re-test and let me know?

Comment

yeah its fixed on the portal, thanks for the ping

Comment

Seems to be working now! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement