TGNS Badges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGNS Badges

TGNS Badges are now automatically granted for certain gameplay milestones. There's no published list of badges, but feel free to learn from other players as badges appear on the scoreboard.

Use the TGNS Portal to learn which badges you've earned and choose which to display for yourself on the scoreboard. The server will remind you during mapvotes about the badge you've most recently earned, too.

We've avoided stats in the past, and our badges have been designed with our gameplay tenets in mind. TGNS Badges should follow gameplay. Try to keep "badge chasing" to a minimum. Only games dominated by regulars and lasting a certain duration (and, of course, without bots) will count toward badges.

If you have an idea for a badge, please present it in a Contact an Admin thread. The best badges promote the kind of gameplay that makes our server so much fun.

Lastly, huge thanks to aero and mirage for being VERY helpful in building some of the pieces necessary for this to happen. aero has built the imagery, and mirage helped a lot getting the difficulty of each badge right where we wanted it.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: TGNS Badges

You can now click on any TGNS Badge in the scoreboard to view its name and description.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not sure if this change is related to the badges mod or approvals but I'm personally not a fan of using the player count #/position area for Primer/Admin designation - mostly since it affects the ready room. It makes 1-second scanning of the scoreboard for a player count more difficult both in RR and in-game. Just my .02 on that change item.

Comment

I've made the left-most column appear stock (numbers) when you're looking straight down. Let me know if that sufficiently meets the glance-count need.

Comment

I've revoked several Endurance badges which were erroneously granted earlier today and corrected the Badges logic responsible for the defect.

I've been closely monitoring badge-granting logs since rolling this out, and I'll continue to do so for the foreseeable future, to make sure the logic is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. Today's logic error stemmed from my incorrectly measuring durations between two dates (relevant to Endurance badges) in a way that didn't expose itself until the data crossed a month threshold.

Any time I correct mistakes, I'll announce in the forums. I'm OK with mistakes, but I want to be very transparent here. I don't want anyone taking this Badges stuff too seriously, but I know it sucks to get something and then watch it disappear, even if that's very rare.

Comment

An interesting addition might be a count of unlocked badges for each badge you have unlocked. For example, if you have unlocked the "Competitor - Silver" badge then below the "Earned" date, a count of players also having that badge unlocked. The feature could be a cool way to see if you have a "rare" badge or for an ego boost, of course.
            Last edited by FARVA; 05-27-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Great work on the badges, and the portal was super easy for this grungy plumber to figure out!
              I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

By my calculations I should have gotten Endurance Silver today, but it didn't happen. Are the restrictions on badge earning perhaps a little strict? 10 minutes, 8+ primers that stay from start to finish, no bots. Isn't that all? Could have sworn I met that goal every day for the last 15.

Comment

You understand the prerequisites correctly.

Thank you for your report. Others reported similar problems, but I could never track the problem down.

A defect in the badge-granting logic was requiring that the game which finally earned you your Endurance badge (at whatever level) happen VERY late at night. I've adjusted the logic such that the final game can happen at any time of the day. A side effect of this logic change is that, depending on how your timezone differs from that of the database in which the game server persists its data, it might feel like you had to play one additional day to get your Endurance badge.

The defect in question wasn't timezone related per se, but this video captures a frustration similar to what I felt when finally groking what I've just now fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wpm-gesOY

[MENTION=97241]Brian_NS2[/MENTION] Please PM me if you don't have your Endurance badge tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

Comment

Endurance Silver badge now appears as earned with today's date. (I haven't even played a game yet today)

No idea what time of day it appeared, but it is there now.

Comment

Endurance Silver badge now appears as earned with today's date. (I haven't even played a game yet today)

No idea what time of day it appeared, but it is there now.

Comment

Maybe I'll try to get the endurance one again, I gave up on it being too difficult (especially with not knowing exactly how it worked).

Comment

Silver is as far as I'm likely to go. I don't know how far it is to the Gold badge and some days I simply won't be near the computer :)

Comment

Yeah after going about 17 days meeting the conditions (or what I thought were likely the conditions) without seeing the badge I gave up, it probably relates to timezones and game start/end times since much of my playtime is late at night and I wasn't making sure that each of the games full of other signers was completed prior to midnight eastern, so can't guarantee that several of the games didn't count as having been on the same day. Summer vacation definitely makes it hard at times to be on/at computer at appropriate times for a recognized game.

Comment

Can we get a badge for parasiting pls
                              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed