TGNS Badges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGNS Badges

Earlier in this post, "10+" is then-correctly cited as the requisite achievements gameplay duration. I've changed the requisite duration to 7+ minutes. In the Required Reading, the exact duration isn't cited, but I thought I'd mention the change here. Nothing else has changed.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've removed the Primer count requirement for achievement-eligible games. It required that a game be played in its entirety by at least 8 Primer signers before that game would contribute to achievements data. I've replaced it with a requirement that any 10+ players participate in the game, even if some of them don't play the entire game.

This change applies retroactively[1] and will make it easier for more folks to enjoy more TGNS Badges.

Here are otherwise unchanged current requirements for a game to contribute to achievements data:

- players: 10+
      - duration (minutes): 7+
      - bots: 0
      - game mode: ns2

Also, we've begun with gameplay-independent achievements -- rewarding meta contributions of sorts. You'll see them start to appear on the scoreboard ( and/or your own badge list -- http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Badges/Manage ). For example, there's one for seeding the game server. For achievements like this, where what you did to earn the badge wasn't rooted in gameplay, per se, the games in/around which they occurred just don't matter.

By design (however poor), there's still no published master list of badges or any way to track progress toward badges. Maybe one day there will be.

[1] the Endurance badge only considers recent data

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't tell you guys often enough how helpful the full admins are -- thane, aeroripper, and Brian. It takes a lot of selfless work to run a show like this, and I don't typically bore you all with the details about how they regularly contribute behind the scenes, but designing these TGNS Badges requires careful consideration, and I really appreciate their counsel and contributions on all sorts of matters. Please thank them however/wherever/whenever it suits you sometime.

And I want to especially thank [MENTION=8124]aeroripper[/MENTION], as he contributes the art for the TGNS mod, not the least of which is the TGNS Badges art. I am WORSE than useless when it comes to art, and I really enjoy sharing his contributions in the TGNS mod.

Overall, this community is a treat, and I appreciate everything each of you does to make it awesome. :)

Comment

Yay, more badges. Thank you!
          HaX^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...