Badge Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge Design

Props to Aero on making the badge graphics! Just a few critiques/suggestions:
    -There's a bit too much going on and it can be difficult to see what it is. I think you should drop the medal symbol, and make the icon fill the space. Right now it's about 3/4 the size and difficult to tell what it is if you don't already know. I only have two (Endurance, and Competitor, which are an IP and an Egg, respectively).
    -Make the background transparent. Actually it might already be that way... can't quite remember... but regardless, it might look good with a subtle stroke or glow effect on the edges.
    -(directed at Wyz) Make the badges clickable so curious players can find out what they are, b/c at the moment, I'm not sure I'd be able to remember if anybody were to ask.

Re: Badge Design

Regarding that last point: They're clickable already.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Props to Aero on making the badge graphics! Just a few critiques/suggestions:
      -There's a bit too much going on and it can be difficult to see what it is. I think you should drop the medal symbol, and make the icon fill the space. Right now it's about 3/4 the size and difficult to tell what it is if you don't already know. I only have two (Endurance, and Competitor, which are an IP and an Egg, respectively
      I'm pretty limited in working with a 20x20 icon size, unfortunately. I tried a number of different looks/iterations before deciding on going with the medals. They fulfilled the required badge design criteria, and looked better than the other solutions. I think most people understand that its a medal just by looking at it, versus having the full icon and having a colored outline, or colorizing the egg to the appropriate color (and losing details from the ns2 model). They were also necessary for the look of some of the other badges where I couldn't work them into the image as easily as the IP and egg. I can shrink the medals to 10x10 from the current 12x12 size, and still maintain its readability but they start getting really small.

-Make the background transparent. Actually it might already be that way... can't quite remember... but regardless, it might look good with a subtle stroke or glow effect on the edges.
      The 20x20 icons that appear in the game are transparent. I asked wyz to have the portal 48x48 previews show a black background since they were easier to 'read' than the sites white background. I tried gradient colored outlines to make the medals and images glow, but even with the 1-2 extra lines of pixels in a 20x20 image are precious and more often then not, I had to reduce the size of the actual image itself to make room for it, and it didn't look as good. I'm still not entirely happy with the look of them yet, so it'll probably be something I'll be tweaking for a while. Thank you for the feedback.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Colored squares.
        Win.

Comment

lol?
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Best badge, I think we're done. Ready to deploy.

Comment

My desire is actually the opposite, I'd rather the badge be more abstract, and that the focus is more on the circle/star/symbol/etc rather than an image of an NS2 model. I do love the idea of having badges, and I think aero did an excellent job with the ? icon and the chevron. They look very pretty. I'd love to see the badges more in that style (because he's so good at it).
              remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X