WinOrLose update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinOrLose update

I've moved most of the WinOrLose post-vote-success chat spam to other areas of the screen. The new design should be a touch more intuitive for new folks (a significant departure from stock gameplay, WinOrLose will always be /somewhat/ jarring and confusing for the uninitiated).

I believe I've also fixed a long-existing and rarely occurring bug wherein players on the losing team were able to attack during WinOrLose.

I've decided to keep an unforeseen /side effect/ of that bugfix, as I rather like it: the attacks of losing players, while still harmless, are now otherwise perceived by players on the winning team (they previously didn't propagate from the losing team clients to the winning team clients -- now they do, but there's no damage). This is jarring for the winners, and I hope you'll agree it adds a harmless, fun chaos to the game's last moments. It will take some getting used to, and I'll listen to feedback in case it's received with /overwhelming/ disdain. I liked the feel in limited testing.

Many, many thanks to Re-Traced and DarkScythe for the testing and ideas help on these code changes.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: WinOrLose update

It's BEAUTIFUL.

Also, I noticed the losing team attacking post-game. I agree it adds back in some of that fun chaos at the end. Lets the losing team taunt a bit, and with how much more prominent all the win or lose info is, it doesn't seem harmful to add a bit of confusion. :)
    remi.D

Comment

Only thing left is to add all the power points turning off/on when win or lose is activated. . . No worries, I'll let myself out
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Need a TF2 "projector style" training video when WinorLose is activated haha. Although the internet dwellers who have an angry reaction to WinorLose make me laugh due to their misplaced anger towards something that was simply not expected but otherwise very familiar.

Comment

I very much appreciated the updated text look and location, as it made it much more noticeable and therefore easier to read if unfamiliar with it. Also like the change to the 'harmless' damage since it feels appropriate to have the ability to damage/fight back even if pointless and just a mental exercise.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X