sh_nominate doesn't seem to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh_nominate doesn't seem to work

I used sh_nominate earlier to make sure kodiak ended up on the map vote list... but it still wasn't there when the time came to vote for a map.

Re: sh_nominate doesn't seem to work

I'll add this to my list to investigate. No ETA.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I noticed that when I did use nominate I didn't always see the one I'd nominated as well, but wasn't sure how nominate was supposed to work. Is it supposed to add to or replace one of the entries on the next map vote? Just bump up the likelyhood of that map appearing on a vote soon? I know in most mapvote mods nominate just includes the nominated maps and fills in the slots which weren't nominated, or in another mod I've seen is used to actually build the mapvote list entirely such that if no nominations received it is random, otherwise it shows only the nominated maps plus an extend current map option.

Comment

I think I've fixed this. Please test and report results. Thank you.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Was testing yesterday and everytime I tested I did see the map in question in the map vote, so appears to be fixed.

Comment

I think you should be able to nominate non-rotation maps. The only way to switch to them now is to force it on everyone with sh_changelevel, and there's no way to really get a unanimous decision out of a server full of people. :( It'd be much nicer if we could just vote for it.

Comment

I think you can, now. Please test and report back.

Comment

Could a feature be added that starts a map vote if X number of nominates are cast after a game ends? Or is there a way to force a vote that guardians have access to that I'm not aware of?
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I don't think Guardians have any way of starting a mapvote currently.
                  Would be nice to have a sort of RTV functionality enabled, though, so we're not totally reliant on full admins for that.

Comment

Especially since guardians can force change a map as it is already, but it can be cumbersome deciding which map to force it to without upsetting folks.
                    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

+1 to all this.

Comment

+1 to an rtv feature or as has been mentioned giving the ability to start a new map vote to guardians.

Comment

Shine doesn't let me choose who gets rtv/etc. It's all or none. :( So that's out.

Admins discussed giving sh_forcemapvote to Guardians, but our design is to give folks as few reasons as possible to opt-in to Guardian, so as to increase the likelihood of folks taking on the role to protect what's most important about the server.

So, for now at the very least, we're not giving sh_forcemapvote to Guardians. Feel free to change the map between rounds, if you see even a weak consensus (you can't please everyone) and aren't doing it too often.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X