intel > hystrionics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intel > hystrionics

I often fail at the following, but I'll emphasize the idea, as it has merit.

When I'm the first on my team to learn something that's urgently scary, I try (TRY) to avoid repetitious emotional language.

I try to avoid this: "SHIPPING, SHIPPING, SHIPPING, SHIPPING! GET TO SHIPPING!!!!11"

And I try to share this: "bile, onos, lerk shipping" (perhaps mixed with "GET TO SHIPPING!")

When I share information in this way, I enable my teammates to make informed decisions, not the least of which is evaluating for themselves how my urgency compares to whatever they're busy with elsewhere at the same time.

Thank you in advance to any of you who returns the favor when something scares you.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: intel > hystrionics

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
    I often fail at the following, but I'll emphasize the idea, as it has merit.

When I'm the first on my team to learn something that's urgently scary, I try (TRY) to avoid repetitious emotional language.

I try to avoid this: "SHIPPING, SHIPPING, SHIPPING, SHIPPING! GET TO SHIPPING!!!!11"

And I try to share this: "bile, onos, lerk shipping" (perhaps mixed with "GET TO SHIPPING!")

When I share information in this way, I enable my teammates to make informed decisions, not the least of which is evaluating for themselves how my urgency compares to whatever they're busy with elsewhere at the same time.

Thank you in advance to any of you who returns the favor when something scares you.
    The reason I repeat things a lot, like in your example, is because I've noticed sometimes people don't pay attention to chat if they're in the middle of a battle and it doesn't sound urgent. There's also many many times where I can't hear what people are saying because I'm busy fighting with some skulks.

I also try to do both: ie "Shipping shipping shipping! Bile, lerk, onos"

Comment

Gotta admit Wyz, I literally laughed last night when someone was yelling shipping! over and over because of a base rush.

As you were weaving through three skulks and a couple of gorges towards the shipping power node you said "What is in shipping? Just saying the name of a location over and over doesn't give us any information!"
      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Information so better enables me to meaningfully contribute tactically, or strategically. The moment is exciting enough to stand on its own.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X