Captain's Night 5/23 - new announcements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain's Night 5/23 - new announcements

With the interest of many individuals, I'm now instituting minimum requirements for any person that would like to be a captain on Captain's Night. Viable captains must have achieved one of the three following badges : Competitor - Silver (Play 50 games of at least 10 minutes each), Victor - Bronze (Win 25 captains rounds), or Warrior - Bronze (Play 50 captains rounds). This can be proven by showing the appropriate badge prior to captain selection. If you're not sure what badges you have obtained, you can do so by logging in with your steam information to http://rr.tacticalgamer.com to select the appropriate badge. We'll also be debuting some new badges in the coming weeks so be on the look out for new achievements.

I've decided to implement this rule based on the feedback I've received from many people that have played on captains night that they would like teams to be more balanced. While it is ultimately the captain's decision who gets picked for their team, the above requirements should ensure that whoever is a captain is pretty familiar with the majority of players on any given captain's night. Most everyone knows now that to even be counted for the above badges games must require at least the same 8 primers to attend a game from start to finish. For those newer to our community I always welcome those people willing to play in captains games throughout the week and our captain's night, but to be a captain on captain's night will now have one of the three above requirements.

As always games start at 7pm CST. I'll announce the password to the server 20 minutes before starting time. Be sure to filter for passworded servers. Please review the thread below from previous weeks about the rules going forward.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ease-read.html

Re: Captain's Night 5/23 - new announcements

Oh no, that means I can't captain. :(

Comment

You should at least have Competitor - Silver, I'm almost positive you have it as much as you've played. Keep in mind you don't need all three achievements, just one of the 3 to qualify as a captain.

Comment

Haha I was just sort of joking because I rarely captain anyway. But to be totally honest i think I'm still Competitor - Bronze.

Comment

I would check in again at the portal, badges don't automatically swap to a higher one earned; you have to physically select which badge to show.

Comment

server is Taunt, pass is tgns82109

Comment

Welp, looks like I can't be a Captain.
              Least my chair in spec is still warm. :P

Comment

Is there any way to kill the spectator voicecom notice spam other than setting the specmode to something other than All Players? If not, would it be possible to add this / reduce the spam?
                remi.D

Comment

Great games tonight guys. So much fun. Love that last round.

Comment

Remi:
                    Are you looking for every available voicecomm simultaneously?
                    Otherwise, we have options for both teams, only spec, etc.
                    I find it's hard to converse with people in spec when team voicecomms are going, so I usually just go to mode 3 unless someone wants to chat, in which case I'll go to mode 4.

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to be missing someone trying to talk in exchange for reducing chat spam (which, when enabled, increases the likelihood of me missing their text chats).
                      remi.D

Comment

As last night was my first captain's night, is the "joke strats" a common thing? Do they just start to come into it after a while? At what point does at least one team start to not take things seriously?

(And I'm so sorry for my team pick last night. I didn't realize I'd stacked it so bad, I was just trying to keep the night going >.> )

Comment

Towards the end of the night joke/outlandish strats tend to start popping up.That varies depending on when people start getting tired (tons of long games will end the night early like last week), but between midnight - 1 am eastern at the latest, you'll often see just as many experimental strats as "real" games.

Comment

Why does DnD have to be on the same night as captains night :( WHYYYY!?

Comment

I thought the new rules went pretty well. People seemed to have better picks. Almost all games were 1-1, showing there were more balanced teams this go around.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X