Is there desire to improve the bots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there desire to improve the bots?

Do we know who did the bots' AI and if we can somehow improve them? I won't have coding time for a couple months after my job hunt is finished, but then I'd love to help improve the bot situation if there's interest for the TGNS group.

Re: Is there desire to improve the bots?

I'd certainly enjoy better bots. I think improved higher lifeform ai would be a huge benefit, as well as making each bot player automatically choose which higher life form they want to become (ie some become gorges, some save for fades, etc.)

Comment

I'd like skulks that attack in packs and retreat (to allow teammates to attack) after taking a bit of damage.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yes I'd love some improvements to bot AI to allow for better practices against them.

Comment

I'd like skulks that attack in packs and retreat (to allow teammates to attack) after taking a bit of damage.
          Is this simply good team play by humans :P

Yes it would be nice for the bots to choose to either pack in small groups and do different things thne just all head to one place, one by one.

Most of the time its either game over in 20 seconds, or bot farming, as they get shot one by one.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

The one thing I'd like to see is for the alien commander to be able to give orders to individual bots. As it is, you can use the middle click alert to make every bot go to one spot, but it would be nice to be able to have a few groups and give orders to each group.

Comment

^^

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

From the "Quantity Until Quality" department, I've just modified the TGNS mod such that bots spawn faster now, which should make things more challenging.

Comment

Cool. I've enjoyed playing against bots. Anything that makes them more dynamic is always appreciated.
                  I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

Originally posted by wyzcrak View Post
                    from the "quantity until quality" department, i've just modified the tgns mod such that bots spawn faster now, which should make things more challenging.
                    yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      From the "Quantity Until Quality" department, I've just modified the TGNS mod such that bots spawn faster now, which should make things more challenging.
                      This has significantly improved the usefulness of botplay, I think. One can make it rather difficult until the server is filled, which is good for everyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X