Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready Room Special

Made another mod.

This mod makes it so skulks and fades can leap and blink to their heart's content while in the ready room. Exos can also self-destruct.

"NS2 is not complete without this mod. A+, must have." ~ Re-Traced

ID: faf86e8
    NS2 Forums: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...leap-in-the-rr

Any requests for other functionality? I was thinking of making eggs able to finish gestating by hitting G as well (so exos and eggs would be able to eject).
    remi.D

Re: Ready Room Special

gorge taunt pls
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

JPs in RR, please.

And please no taunts. As much as I love them, it'll be my ears' turn for The Snowballs Effect.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Makes sense to me. A few random ideas:

1) Ability to super shrink your character. Be really small with higher jump distance\low grav. Could tie to to certain victory conditions (eg... has to be captains, and all aliens are victory egg when dropped to RR).

2) Give 'alltech' to everybody in the RR. All abilities unlocked, can evolve any lifeform\weapon. I sort of like seeing the lifeforms that were around at round end though, so many just enable all the abilities for whatever alien you drop into the readyroom as. Marines just drop with whatever they were carrying at the time like it is currently.

3) If all socketed power nodes are destroyed at round end, RR lights are flashing emergency lights. Not sure how to do this with modifying the maps.

4) Allow leap, blink, sidestep, umbra\spores? Stuff the is a logical extension to the game.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Please nothing that threatens FPS when spammed.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

gorge tunnels.

Comment

Why not just turn on combat in RR and have an instant respawn?

Not sure we'd ever play games........ :P

Mom
              Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
              Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
              Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by OscarTheCouch View Post
                gorge taunt pls
                Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                JPs in RR, please. ... And please no taunts. As much as I love them, it'll be my ears' turn for The Snowballs Effect.
                I agree about the effects of adding taunts. JPs already work in RR and I don't want to change the prestige/victory stuff with this mod -- so I don't want to give people jetpacks, lifeforms, etc that you could flaunt post-game that they didn't earn because it would minimize the fun for when it has been earned.

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                4) Allow leap, blink, sidestep, umbra\spores? Stuff the is a logical extension to the game.
                Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                Please nothing that threatens FPS when spammed.
                Originally posted by jack^ View Post
                gorge tunnels.
                Leap and Blink are added by this mod. Shadow step actually already exists in game. I was thinking about umbra or spores, but don't want to add a ton of extra noise pollution nor abilities that create a lot of entities.

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                Not sure we'd ever play games........ :P
                Yup, I am attempting to keep this a "soft-mod". So far, it only is adding a bit more fun to having a "victory exo" and gives the lifeforms their typical movement mechanics. I'd like to do something with the victory egg as well, either making it so you can pop your egg (and turn into whatever lifeform you were changing to), or something else...
                remi.D

Comment

O. I misunderstood, thinking the point of the mod was to enjoy these things regardless of what happened in gameplay... making a playroom of the RR.

Comment

This mod has been integrated into NS2+.

I am considering diverging the 'Ready Room Special' workshop version from the NS2+ version and making it more like you suggest, Wyz... An egalitarian playroom. :)
                    remi.D

Comment

Yay!

Comment

It would appear that neither blink nor shadowstep work.

Comment

Apparently that is true. I am trying to figure it out. It works fine in a listen server. Not sure how that is.
                          remi.D

Comment

This should be fixed in the next update to NS2+
                            remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse