Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns2_tgns_testlabs

Greybox, check.

One more hallway to add, and it's greyboxed.

I need to know whether or not people think spawns should be random, or if I should have a set marine spawn (think Veil, Tanith). When I took this picture, I realized that the tech point on the top right is further away from the rest of the TPs... should I try to bring that in closer, or should I make it marine start?

So I'm clear, the empty room on the top left will have a TP, and the glass dome on the bottom left will have a TP. It takes me about 40 seconds to move in spectate between those two tech points to give a sort of scale. That's Spark spectate moving at about the speed of a marine not running.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: ns2_tgns_testlabs

The TP in the top left needs another connection. Right now, there's one room leading to it, so if either side locks that down, it's game over.

Also, it's difficult to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have some crazy sight-lines going in the map. Left-most TP for example, is that able to be shot as from all the way up there in the north-west?

Comment

Re: ns2_tgns_testlabs

The TP on the top left I'm aware of. I have to finish the hallway leaving that room.

The sight lines look crazy, but I haven't quite filled in all the spaces yet... so once the detail and texture gets put in, it'll minimize sight lines... or so I'm hoping.

Really just wondering about thoughts on the top right TP. It seems very far away from the rest of map to me, and it has been moved closer already. I originally had it in the room to the right of where it is now... that connects to the tunnel. I want to be able to have marines siege from that tunnel and have an insane vent system going in to it to balance it out. Where it is now, it is not withing siege range.

So now, I'm wondering if I should just set that TP to marine start and have the Aliens random between the rest... like Veil or Tanith.

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...