Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a server op email saying it's coming soon.

I'd like two things, if anyone has time:

1) both link to and paste the changelog here

2) will someone take the time to identify what is new to TGNS? That is, what of the new-to-stock stuff /haven't/ we had for a while due to NS2+/Shine/etc?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 266

Here's the UWE post: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/build266/

I've highlighted the items that I believe are new to TGNS. There are probably more that I have not identified.

Fixes
    Fixed commander selection bug that made buildings selected with hotgroups not respond properly sometimes
    Fixed scoreboard not showing Spectators to players on teams (Thanks Wyzcrack)
    Fixed bug where damage numbers wouldn’t show the damage done in the killing blow
    Fixed lights staying red if the power node is under attack (Thanks remiD)
    Display correct team color/background for Alltalk voice chat (Thanks remi.D)
    Fixed Gorge viewmodel idle animation not looping correctly on the top of the mouth
    Fixed not being able to drop sentries before the first sentry battery is fully built
    Fixed Bilebomb bouncing on top of the owner if it catches it and going through walls at the right angle
    Fixed Exo eject sound playing before the eject animation
    Fixed infestation blobs spawning on nocling geometry
    Fixed players getting stuck on Infantry Portals if another player is afk on it
    “nav_debug”, collision, and physics console commands now require cheats to be on
    Fixed unknown in server browser bug (thanks Person8880!)
    Fixed Gorge spit not doing damage up close
    Builder will now auto-generate overviews again now that all tools do not crash on exit
    Fixed all tools crashing on exit
    Fixed hitboxes on problematic rock props
    Fixed NS2 crashing on startup if the client is subscribed to a mod that is deleted on the workshop
    Fixed biodome_glass_01 file missing error
    Fixed Kodiak and Summit loading screens
    Fixed biodome_container_01_top having more than 255 polygons on the collision model

Features
    Connections between Phase Gates or Gorge Tunnels are now colored depending on the team, If there’s more than 2 PGs it will switch to lines with animated arrows
    Added player upgrades to the Insight player frames
    Added Lerk deaths to Insight notifications
    Colored ammo bars for Marine Commanders (uses same colors as Insight spectator system)
    Commanders can see building ranges before dropping them
    Mods list now automatically sorted by Active > Subscribed > Alphabetically. You can also sort by column now
    “tunnel_allowed” material, which allows tunnel placement outside of nav mesh. Usage: paint material onto a face and put that face in CollisionGeometry

Presumablly all of the map changes below are new to TGNS.

Biodome
    Fixed leafs clipping through glass
    Fixed collision in Lobby and Canopy around props
    Added missing trim around glass in Reception
    Fixed sandstorm cinematic not playing
    Fixed glass boxes being backwards in Analysis
    Fixed temp greybox for missing prop
    Fixed holes in Bamboo Pass
    Fixed floating computer in canopy
    Fixed flickering occlusion face issue in bamboo pass
    Fixed some texture issues in ready room

Refinery
    Fixed a hole in Smelting
    Fixed floating Resource Node in Smelting
    Tunnels can now be placed near where the Smelting buckets leave the room in smelting near the door that leads to routing and the left ladder near the fire pit
    Removed collision on the moving Smelting buckets
    Detail change in Transit
    Added pre-defined Infantry Portal spawn point in Flow to prevent it from spawning on the other side of the wall

Descent
    Added tunnel_allowed geometry near pipes in Fabrication, the top level of Plaza, and near the desk in Plaza to allow for tunnel placement off navmesh
    Fixed a lot of pathing
    Fixed the pathing_settings from trying to use 48 tile size instead of the max of 36

Docking
    Fixed reflections
    Fixed a greybox texture in Terminal
    Tunnels can now be placed on the lower level of Generator
    Fixed a glass prop not being hidden from commander invisible
    Last edited by ShamelessCookie; 06-05-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamelessCookie View Post
      Fixes
      Fixed Gorge viewmodel idle animation not looping correctly on the top of the mouth
      Fixed Bilebomb bouncing on top of the owner if it catches it and going through walls at the right angle
      Fixed Exo eject sound playing before the eject animation
      Fixed infestation blobs spawning on nocling geometry
      Fixed players getting stuck on Infantry Portals if another player is afk on it
      “nav_debug”, collision, and physics console commands now require cheats to be on
      Fixed Gorge spit not doing damage up close
      Builder will now auto-generate overviews again now that all tools do not crash on exit
      Fixed all tools crashing on exit
      Fixed NS2 crashing on startup if the client is subscribed to a mod that is deleted on the workshop
      Fixed biodome_glass_01 file missing error
      Fixed Kodiak and Summit loading screens
      Fixed biodome_container_01_top having more than 255 polygons on the collision model

Features
      Mods list now automatically sorted by Active > Subscribed > Alphabetically. You can also sort by column now
      “tunnel_allowed” material, which allows tunnel placement outside of nav mesh. Usage: paint material onto a face and put that face in CollisionGeometry

Biodome
      Fixed leafs clipping through glass
      Fixed collision in Lobby and Canopy around props
      Added missing trim around glass in Reception
      Fixed sandstorm cinematic not playing
      Fixed glass boxes being backwards in Analysis
      Fixed temp greybox for missing prop
      Fixed holes in Bamboo Pass
      Fixed floating computer in canopy
      Fixed flickering occlusion face issue in bamboo pass
      Fixed some texture issues in ready room

Refinery
      Fixed a hole in Smelting
      Fixed floating Resource Node in Smelting
      Tunnels can now be placed near where the Smelting buckets leave the room in smelting near the door that leads to routing and the left ladder near the fire pit
      Removed collision on the moving Smelting buckets
      Detail change in Transit
      Added pre-defined Infantry Portal spawn point in Flow to prevent it from spawning on the other side of the wall

Descent
      Added tunnel_allowed geometry near pipes in Fabrication, the top level of Plaza, and near the desk in Plaza to allow for tunnel placement off navmesh
      Fixed a lot of pathing
      Fixed the pathing_settings from trying to use 48 tile size instead of the max of 36

Docking
      Fixed reflections
      Fixed a greybox texture in Terminal
      Tunnels can now be placed on the lower level of Generator
      Fixed a glass prop not being hidden from commander invisible
      Above is the trimmed changelist to reflect what is actually new to TGNS

edit:

Haha Shameless, caught it before the edit... There's a lot more than what you highlighted that's is new to TGNS. You are correct all the map changes were not in NS2+.

Another undocumented change in this Changelist is... all the things from NS2+ that get integrated into Vanilla may result in a slight performance improvement (less code being run duplicate times for crazy hacky hooking).
      remi.D

Comment

It's awesome to see TGNS community members names in the changelog. So proud to be a part of this community!

Now if Decoy and I can talk them into WinOrLose as standard concede replacement!

Comment

Pretty good first patch from the CDT. I hope we see much quicker turnaround with fixes from the community getting integrated into the official build.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I don't know why, but now you can third person spectate the command chair and hive!

So if the person you are spectating dies, it'll randomly switch to the chair/hive and stay there.
            Who you gonna call?

Comment

Seems reasonable. That's where all the magic happens.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                Seems reasonable. That's where all the magic happens.
                Remind me to power wash the command chair before I get in if Wyz has been in there.

Comment

So far so good, minor improvements all around make it feel like bug fixes, but there were sure enough of those to make several updates worth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X