I lost some of your Steam IMs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost some of your Steam IMs

Several of you Steam IMed me over the weekend, when my normally reliable desktop was offline due to weather. Between the spotty reliability of Steam on my handset and the fact that I've been crazy busy this weekend, I missed more than a few messages and (to my knowledge) have no way to recover them.

Aaaanyyhoooooooo.... if you sent me anything this weekend (or, frankly, anytime) that I've neglected and still needs my attention, send it again via Steam IM (the weather has passed), in a forum PM to me, or (if you care to) in a CAA thread.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: I lost some of your Steam IMs

I should say, too.....

There were several recent years during which I advised anyone needing to immediately and reliably to contact me to use a forum PM, as that was all that came to my handset immediately. Here's the latest pros/cons on how I receive TGNS messages:

1) Steam IM. Depending on where I'm signed in (desktop vs handset), I may or may not receive your message right away. Also, Steam on my handset sometimes drops the first message. So, if you send me two messages "hacker on the server", and "can you help?", it's possible (35% likely, I'd say, based on experience) that the first and only message starting our dialog on my handset will be "can you help?", which gives me no context until you and I recover the conversation by me asking you to repeat yourself.

2) Forum PM. I get these fairly immediately on my handset, and I can reply from my handset, if need be.

3) CAA thread. I get these fairly immediately on my handset, and I can reply from my handset, if need be. Bonus: every full admin (and the rest of TG leadership, FWIW) can see these threads and offer assistance as it suits them.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: I lost some of your Steam IMs

Lastly....

If you need TG help that's outside the scope of NS2 (subscription fees, username changes, etc, etc), you may choose "Contact > Site Administrators" at the top of the page. This wil go to (not me) TG-wide admins who can help with your non-NS2 needs.

You're welcome to start with me and/or CAA, but I'm all for you getting assistance as efficiently as possible, too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X