Smelting buckets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelting buckets

Would anyone else be interested in a tgns version of Refinery where the buckets are static props? As it is right now, I just find them very annoying. You can't climb on them as a skulk, they don't block shots, and they only block your vision, which sucks for marines, but is great for lerks (unlimited ammo lerk spikes coming at ya!)

I'm thinking of doing this, but don't really want to bother with it unless there's an interest in the tgns community.

Re: Smelting buckets

The confusion of multiple versions, for me, would more than outweigh the benefit of fixing the props.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I kind of like them as is.

As you say, it doesn't block shots, so if a lerk is shooting you through them with spikes, follow the spike trail back and shoot there.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkScythe View Post
        I kind of like them as is.
        Pffft. Says the Lerk player.

... I think they're fine as it is though.

Comment

The buckets should dump lava on random marine players, instead.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

^ ... this can be done. :)

Mom
            Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
            Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
            Forever Perplexed

Comment

This is on the radar for the CDT. That doesn't mean it will be fixed or anything, just that it's been identified as a problem.

Personally I prefer it how it is now to having it block bullets but not player movement (which is how it was in a previous build). Now at least you can shoot the lerk as he flees through the bucket. I'd be against just removing the buckets because it would significantly effect the balance in that area. (The buckets are really the only cover aliens have down those long corridors.)
              remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
                This is on the radar for the CDT. That doesn't mean it will be fixed or anything, just that it's been identified as a problem.

Personally I prefer it how it is now to having it block bullets but not player movement (which is how it was in a previous build). Now at least you can shoot the lerk as he flees through the bucket. I'd be against just removing the buckets because it would significantly effect the balance in that area. (The buckets are really the only cover aliens have down those long corridors.)
                I wasn't suggesting removing them, I was suggesting changing them to static props so they collide and block projectiles properly. It just seems rather sloppy now.

BUT! It'd be AMAZING if the CDT could get the animated version working seamlessly.

Picture this: Marines are holed up in Smelting, the rest of the map is Alien dominated. They're ready to blast anything that comes in through the doorways or vents. But it's quiet... too quiet. Apart from the sound of the smelting buckets moving around for some reason, all is quiet. Then all of a sudden, skulks EVERYWHERE! How did they sneak into the base!? Why... if the marines guarding the southern entrance had been more attentive, they would have noticed the entire alien team clinging to the side of the buckets, slowly being transported through the marine defenses!

Comment

I enjoyed that last paragraph.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post
                    [...] Then all of a sudden, skulks EVERYWHERE! [...] the entire alien team clinging to the side of the buckets, [...]
                    Clearly the marines win here, since they destroyed all the alien lifeforms and forced them all to go desperately charging into the marine base as nothing but skulks and lerks.

Comment

Change Request: let me gestate while clinging to the side of a bucket.

Comment

I'd love to be able to gestate in many ledges, vents, under things etc. myself but on the side of buckets, that'd just be cool. On the original topic though I concur I enjoyed the mental image of Beige's descriptive narrative myself and would be nice to have them working as objects rather than visual effects.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X