Spectator "ENTER" chat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectator "ENTER" chat...

It's not uncommon at all that I'll type in a long message in the admin or primer chat, press enter, and realize I had pushed ENTER instead of y, and spectate mode refuses to send the message. Would it be possible to make spectate chat check if the message is a PM/admin chat/primer chat and in that case, send it anyways? It's extremely annoying to have to type things out twice.

Re: Spectator "ENTER" chat...

Training myself to use team chat for all commands, no matter my team, has not been difficult.

If you can get 7 requests in this thread, I'll investigate this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      Training myself to use team chat for all commands, no matter my team, has not been difficult.

If you can get 7 requests in this thread, I'll investigate this.
      I'm going to make a new account named "7 requests".

Comment

haha
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It would be nice, but if you do put it on the list, put near the bottom

Comment

I generally don't have a problem with this. Yes, I have run into it myself a few times, but by and large, it's not too hard to remember to use team chat for everything.
            Rather than just allowing the message through (as this opens up potential abuse) I would rather just have it detect the all-chat, and automatically re-route it into team chat.

Still, not really a big deal in my opinion.

Comment

I agree it should just re-route to team chat, or maybe even better... primer/sm/admin chat should be allowed through, and it should only block and show the warning if it's not any of those.

I often will try to do primer chat in all-chat instead of team-chat because I intend to talk to everyone. Having to do it in team chat while spec creates an inconsistency to me how I chat on spec vs every other team, and even though I know what I need to do I still make this mistake because there is a conflict of intent between pressing y (associated with team chat), and typing # (associated with all chat). Since NS2 doesn't have a "press up to paste last message" feature, this can be quite annoying.
              remi.D

Comment

Haha, I dunno. I tend to do almost all of my typing in teamchat nowadays.
                There are times where I intend to respond to someone on the other team, and end up sending that to teamchat..

Comment

I'm with Remi.D on this one, it can be annoying, I typically remember to use team chat; but, occasionally slip up and do all chat on spectator when trying to use primer chat messages, wouldn't be an issue if I could copy/paste my last message or press up for last command even if in console, but since we don't have that there is an annoyance factor. I would agree with DarkHoloTesterossa though that it should be a low priority though. If even feasible, it's a one off fix for an occasional annoyance.

Comment

Remi/Kronos: Unless I misunderstand, it seems like what you're proposing is exactly what Beige suggests in the OP.

Either way... I do think it'd be nice (especially for newer players to the server), but I agree that it doesn't need to be a top priority.

Comment

I count 4 +1 iffy.

Comment

I, too, have been annoyed at this on occasion. Consider this a +1

Comment

I don't see this taking too long to do, it would be nice to have. So +1 Here as well.
                          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0YWRXJsMyM

It's happening Wyz!!! Just 1 more.

Comment

I would really like to see this. I forget to do team chat in spectate way more often than I'd like to admit.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X