Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Mod Required

Howdy Everyone,

When I try to join either TG NS servers taunt or chuckle i get "Missing Mod Required" error. I get passed the loading server display, and the mods download display to only be thrown of to the server browser with "Missing Mod Required" error.

I have nothing downloaded from the workshop (that I'm aware of).
    I can join stock NS2 servers, and other modded servers.
    I have tried of course, restarting NS2, Steam and Computer.
    I have changed fullspec to off, and my badges to none.
    I believe i last played Sunday evening.
    I will try to join tomorrow and report any changes!

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had/having/solved this problem.

Respectfully, BB.
    I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Re: Missing Mod Required

i had this problem tonight. here's what i did to fix it, though i do not know which of these actions fixed the problem.

1. delete all mods. in explorer type %appdata% goto the natural-selection > workshop. delete everything. it'll be redownloaded when you connect again.
    2. restart steam
    3. right click steam > run steam as admin
    4. connect to other servers.

before you try this, see if the issue is around tomorrow?

Comment

Step 3 shouldn't be necessary (although I doubt it could hurt). Step 1 usually fixes the problem for me.

Comment

i deleted all the workshop mods first and still had the error. so i'm not sure why it didn't help. that usually fixes the "server mod out of date" error. maybe not "missing mod required" ?

the logic to running as admin was that steam may/may not be able to download the mod? i'm really not sure as i dont know enough about the topic, just got the ideas from some gogole searches.

Comment

for me, that nite i had the error until the map changed then i was good to go very wierd

Comment

I changed Nothing, and joined successfully joined both servers. perhaps if i had waited for the map to change i could play. If it happens again i will follow the steps that Jack^ posted to confirm if that has any effect.
            I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

I tried those things, plus a restart for good measure. I still have the error, I just can't join on some maps I guess.

Comment

It might be worth noting that anything that tries to access your network for the first time generally asks for permission in Win 7. If you don't tell the prompt anything, it will continue to pop up. If you tell it yes, no problems occur. But if you tell it no, it may, at some point, create issues in trying to add things to said program, especially when downloading via that program.

Most people click yes. But, if you deploy a Windows firewall, and you can't remember if you clicked yes or no or what... then check your firewall settings in Win 7 and make sure NS2/steam have permission to access the network.

Even if you tell them they can't access the network, they still will. But it sometimes causes problems when downloading from said program.

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Seemed to me like it was an issue downloading the TGNS mod. I noticed that it was set to "Not available". I, like others, tried all the steps mentioned above with no success.
                  HaX^

Comment

I've lost context: Which piece of software rendered the "Not Available" text?
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

NS2 sometimes shows Not Available in the space where the download percentage would usually be (next to the mod name) on the loading screen. That happened to me last weekend with the Comp Mod, and I could not fix it with any of the steps above until someone gave me the file to manually download and place in the workshop folder. From what I understand, -that- bug in particular would have resolved itself automatically at some point, but it could take several hours to a day... which is obviously not a great scenario.

Comment

Doing it again this afternoon.
                        Who you gonna call?

Comment

Steam workshop seems to be having some difficulties today.
                          remi.D

Comment

I think steam is actually down, which would explain it. I tried restarting steam when it was being glitchy and I can't get back in.
                            Who you gonna call?

Comment

I have a feeling this is another Workshop related issue. Maybe on a Workshop content server/location specific case, which would explain why some people are allowed to join the server and others aren't.
                              HaX^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X