"primer == slot" misinformation may result in reserved slot revocation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "primer == slot" misinformation may result in reserved slot revocation

tl;dr Effective Wednesday, August 13th, full admins may silently revoke the reserved slot privilege of any regular heard telling folks to simply "sign the Primer to get a reserved slot".

Summary:

When folks ask about reserved slots, direct them to "M > Info > Reserved Slots", which begins with the following text:
    If you're looking to get a reserved slot, we expect that you've first read our Required Reading (this is not a trivial amount of reading, and we're OK with expecting reserved slot holders to have read it), which gives answers to LOTS of common questions and, more importantly, lays out the tenets and rules all players are expected to themselves understand. If you have any questions about anything, please give us an opportunity to answer them by creating a thread in our Contact an Admin forum. Thank you.

Do not say to new folks: "just sign the Primer and you get a reserved slot".

If they can't be bothered to read for themselves, that's their choice. Kindly direct anyone with questions to our Contact an Admin forum.

Details:

When we tell new folks that "all they need to do" to get a reserved slot is sign the Primer thread, two things happen:

) we spread misinformation -- taken alone, the act of signing the Primer might not provide the player a reserved slot right away (they also must play 10 full games on the server)

) we create confusion and/or clog the voicecomms explaining details (where's the Primer? which name do I sign with? which ID do I sign with? is that the same as registering in the forums? etc, etc)

) we lower the TGNS "barrier to entry", and that barrier is there BY DESIGN -- if they're to frequent the game servers, we want folks reading the "Required Reading" and understanding they're immediately held to a higher standard once they have that "P" next to their name on the scoreboard

Effective Wednesday, August 13th, full admins may silently revoke the reserved slot privilege of any regular heard telling folks to simply "sign the Primer to get a reserved slot". Admins won't warn or notify -- they'll just silently revoke. As always, anyone with reserved slot problems may use the CAA forum to get help. If a revocation is the cause of your troubles, it can be lifted after an expectation alignment with whomever responds to your CAA thread.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: "primer == slot" misinformation may result in reserved slot revocation

So question: are we mentioning at all that there's a reserved slot with signing the primer? I always make sure to mention that the primer is the rules of the server when mentioning the primer slot, and just the other day an admin said (to nobody in particular, but probably addressed at me) that we were not supposed to emphasize the reserved slot.

Comment

Re: "primer == slot" misinformation may result in reserved slot revocation

I don't mind folks mentioning the Primer, but I want it made clear for these new folks that they're expected to read quite a lot before signing that thread.

And, really, there's little reason to tell them anything beyond "M > Info > Reserved Slots", with as kind a delivery as you can muster, because other responses take an NS2 eternity (sometimes you /have/ an eternity), and the cited thread likely has answers to their initial questions.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X