Online Deals on Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Deals on Games

So, I've become addicted to buying games on sale from bundle sites or steam store.

I figured I'd start a thread and let you guys know about the sales that I see, too.

As of Noon on 8/16/2014 - Humblebundle is offering all of the Total War games for incredible deals: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...talwar_weekend -> There are also quite a few other games on sale in the Humble Store. Roughly 24 hours remaining.

All of the Kalypso games are on sale on Steam for crazy low prices: Kalypso_Anniversary_Day_3 - Kalypso does the Tropico series. There's a few more games in there that look nice. Roughly 50 hours remaining.

Haven't confirmed this, but I found this 20% for the new Tomb Raider (I have it, it's a great game): Tomb Raider Game of the Year | PC game | Download discounts at Green Man Gaming

Lots of great bundles here: All Game Bundles -> but they don't update them often. They've been roughly the same for the last few months.

I'll keep this thread going when I find decent sales so you guys can get in on it, too. If you guys want to relocate the thread, feel free to. I figured I'd reach out to my NS2 friends so maybe they'd pick up the same games and throw down. :P

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Online Deals on Games

80% off The Witcher 2 - Save 80% on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition on Steam <- I've got this game. It's great. $4.

50% off CS:GO - Save 50% on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam <- Just started playing this myself. Plenty of TG people play it, but we don't have a community there.

I've looked at this game a few times. It gets good reviews, but it's old. Not sure if I'll buy it or not. But, it's under $1. Save 86% on Earth 2150 Trilogy on Steam

Nothing else I see worth noting at the moment.

Mom
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Haven't used this site before... while trolling the interwebs at work, I stumbled across it...

Opium Pulses Gaming Store
      Bioshock Infinite for $12. I've got it, I like it.
      Borderlands 2 for $11. I've got it on Xbox. It's okay.
      Darksiders 2 for $12. Never played it.
      Dead Island GOTY for $6. Think we all know what that's about.
      Thief is on there for $18. I got a better deal on it from Steam. It's a great game.

All in all, 4 pages of decent titles and okay prices. Most of them I have seen for cheaper, but it's a matter of if you want to wait.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/f...s/on-the-house <- free game, if you're into that. Requires Origin platform to launch (same as BF4, etc... platform is free, like Steam). For the last 3 months or so, they had Peggle up there instead of this game. This game looks like not my cup of tea. But a few months back they had BF3 free On the House here. Worth keeping an eye on.

This is worth keeping an eye on, too. https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/b.../pricetier1#56

Haven't used this site before, just found it a few days ago... seeing better prices here than elsewhere on some specials. Green Man Gaming
      Under Hot Deals here:
      Fallout 3 <- $2.49 - if you haven't played this game, you are literally missing one of the best titles ever released.
      Dishonored <- $8.49 - this price should come down further in the near future, but it's certainly a game worth picking up for under $10.
      AoE 2 HD <- this is normally like $20 on Steam. $5 on greenman.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Steam's Weeklong Deals have been updated: Weeklong Deals <- I don't see anything too impressive, but we all have different tastes.

HumbleBundle has a new flash sale. https://www.humblebundle.com/flash <- again, nothing I'm interested in.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store <- Nothing terribly special here either, other than the Total War specials still going on.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Next 4 days:

75% off 2K games:
          2K Publisher Weekend 2014

Get it while it's hot.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Deal and bundle sites are definitely dangerous for me, I realized recently that I had about 1500 digital games between all the different platforms/sites, many of which I've never played. I theoretically could play new games (at least for me) for many years without buying anything new, but I know I will be pulled into some sale or another when something I've been looking for comes up for a good sale.

Comment

Yeah. Same for me. I've made a rule that I just buy when they are major titles. Bioshock Infinity, Thief, Tomb Raider, etc. I won't buy anything I know I won't play, and I won't buy anything outside my realm of interest. Like FPS games... I won't buy them unless they fit two rules: 1-> major title in a sci-fi or adventure setting that I've wanted to play for a while 2-> multiplayer replayability is high. (CS:GO, BF series, NS, etc).

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

75% off.

Save 75% on Dishonored on Steam <- Dishonored. I've got it on Xbox 360. It's like Assassins Creed. Decent game for $5.

Save 75% on Kinetic Void on Steam <- Kinetic Void. No idea. Early access. Looks nice, mostly good reviews, but some people are saying there isn't enough content now, and that some of the modules you can add to your ship don't even do anything yet. For $5.. who knows? Pretty sure I'm gonna pay the $5 just for the awesome looking ships. :P

Humble looks barren today. Lots of Indie games as usual, nothing special.

If you never played Half-Life 2, you are missing out, again, on one of the best titles ever released. Graphics and physics for this game are on par if not better than any current release. It spurred a generation of games and mods. Very, very good game. "Time, Dr Freeman. Is it really that... time again?"
                Half-Life 2 | PC game | Download discounts at Green Man Gaming <- $3.

50 Games You Must Play <- Lots of great games at 75% off. Some major titles worth noting here:

Bioshock Infinite: $8
                Skyrim (OMG SKYRIM IS BEST EVER GAME): $5 <- seriously, if you don't buy any other title out of this entire thread, buy this game. I've spent about 400 hours on it on my Xbox and I'm dying to get it on PC for the mods. Definitely the best recent title, imho. I can't stress this enough... if you like RPGs and you haven't played this game, this is the most important sale you've ever heard of.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...