• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new scoreboard player icon: sh_vr

Two threads for context

sh_vr initial availability announcement
    Guidance on how to correctly use sh_vr

The following changes nothing about the sh_vr console command, its availability in console or chat, how it acts, or how /we/ should act when using it. It just makes life easier for those confirming that folks can hear voicecomm.

A new icon now appears on the scoreboard near the names of players who have yet to sign the TGNS Primer and play at least 10 games on the server. It serves two purposes:

) easy execution of sh_vr against that player

) easy tracking of who in this group has been VETTED for responding to voicecomm

After (repeat: AFTER) confirming that the player can respond to voicecomm, click that player's chevron (^) icon to tell the server to stop displaying the sh_vr icon for that player. The server does not remember across mapchanges who has been vetted (I may add this in the future, as dev fatigue is the primary reason it's omitted at the moment, but I see advantages to NOT persisting this, so... we'll see).

Any regular may clear any teammate's sh_vr icon, but PLEASE don't clear that icon until you've verified the player can actually (read: "actually" -- see Guidance link above) hear voicecomm.

My /design/ is that we'll come to TRUST that a player /without/ a "P" and /without/ an sh_vr icon has /already/ been vetted (by SOMEBODY this map) for voicecomm and may without further questioning be treated as anyone proven to be listening to voicecomm.

Unchanged: BY ALL MEANS, feel free to verify /anyone's/ ability to hear voicecomm at any time. This new icon is meant to make verification more convenient, not more restrictive.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: new scoreboard player icon: sh_vr

I like the new icon and functionality, wondered if the approve chevron affected it and definitely makes sense that it does. Thank you for this addition!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      The server does not remember across mapchanges who has been vetted (I may add this in the future, as dev fatigue is the primary reason it's omitted at the moment, but I see advantages to NOT persisting this, so... we'll see).
      The server now remembers each voicecomm vetting for ~3 hours. That is, the checkmark will re-appear for a stranger's scoreboard row for approximately 3 hours after he's vetted for voicecomm.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

3 hours is better to work with. ty
        Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Ah, and I should have ended with what I always say sincerely:

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Comment

Thank you for your hard work, Wyz.
            HaX^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed