Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Build 268

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
    I, also, am very grateful for the team's efforts, and am happy to have them with us. That said, it's important that we show concern alongside gratitude. Criticism is not an insult, and if a developer takes criticism as an insult, they are likely not fit for the job.
    Agreed. Well thought out feedback/concerns/criticism I think is very welcome. It's good to be able to have a dialogue.

On Umbra v Spores: I don't find Umbra too useful except for very high teamplay, and normally with an onos. It's a support ability. It can act as a multiplier to your teams' effectiveness, but it relies on the rest of your team working together and not losing their lifeforms before it is up (and still playing smart after). Spores make you deadly solo, but at its core it is a support ability as well. It can be used to obscure marine vision and to chip away a whole team's armor all at once. The reason it is such a psychological attack as well is because of its effectiveness at removing the armor and making the marines need to disperse in order to not all die. It weakens them up for the fades and negates any armor upgrades they have unless one of them sacrifices there gun for a flamethrower.

On Exos not being able to be beaconed: I do wonder if the exo buffs properly offset this nerf. I think it's nice that there is a tradeoff and a difference between exos and marines, and I like those few moments of vulnerability immediately after the beacon. It's suspenseful for the marine player, and a window of opportunity on for the alien team.
    remi.D

Comment

Remi do you the details of umbra? Specifically how much damage it blocks? I think its huge for team play but also solo play. It helps the lerk not only escape rooms and give the lerk safety for attacking lone marines later in the game when higher weapons are out.

I'd like to see the lerk get assist bonus for using umbra on teammates.. Though I don't know how this would work

Comment

I think the scoring isn't really on the forefront of anyone's mind. For example, hives give 25 points, resource towers 15, but when you make the kill, you only get a % of that based on how much of the damage you did. What this means in effect is that taking down a hive is often worth less than a resource tower. I agree though, gorge heal + umbra should give you some assist bonuses as well.

Code:
        kUmbraShotgunModifier = 0.64
        kUmbraBulletModifier = 0.75
        kUmbraMinigunModifier = 0.70
        kUmbraRailgunModifier = 0.68

kUmbraModifier["Shotgun"] = kUmbraShotgunModifier
        kUmbraModifier["Rifle"] = kUmbraBulletModifier
        kUmbraModifier["Pistol"] = kUmbraBulletModifier
        kUmbraModifier["Sentry"] = kUmbraBulletModifier
        kUmbraModifier["Minigun"] = kUmbraMinigunModifier
        kUmbraModifier["Railgun"] = kUmbraRailgunModifier
        So it's a... 25% reduction on damage from all bullet weapons including sentries (1/4), 36% reduction on shotguns, and 30% and 32% reduction on exo weapons (~1/3).

It wouldn't be very hard to give an assist kill to the support player. Currently it will only give you an assist if you also did some of the damage... which means parasite probably does give you an assist.

Doesn't look like you get any score at all for healing currently. Can anyone confirm?
        remi.D

Comment

What those numbers mean in actuality (assuming continuous damage):
          v. Bullets you will live 33% longer than without umbra
          v. Shotguns you will live 56% longer
          v. Minigun you will live 42% longer
          v. Railgun you will live 47% longer

When you factor in time between shots, cooldowns, and reloads, those numbers can be even longer.
          remi.D

Comment

It can be used to obscure marine vision and to chip away a whole team's armor all at once. The reason it is such a psychological attack as well is because of its effectiveness at removing the armor and making the marines need to disperse in order to not all die. /quote

Removes health not armor.
            Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Ah, so it does. Well, still softens em up for your team. :)

I like to spore over someone's head, fly down behind them and bite them in the ass, and then fly away and spike to finish them off. It is extremely effective. :D
              remi.D

Comment

How do you guys feel about Charge being so early? Am I right to think that's kinda odd? Why have it at 2 bio when Onos doesn't come out till like 4 or 5 (time wise)?

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

What was it previously? I can't remember.
                  I think its okay because all the ability research had been separated. So while yea you can get charge early (even though you won't have onos till later) you could also wait to research it. It is one of those abilities comms try to time with the first onos so they have it right away.

But really by having it at bio 2 is guarantee charge if you have one hive at any point of the game, which is important for onos if then alien team loses a hive.

Previously it was also bio 2 or 3 I think. Making it a 1 hive ability, so not much has changed?

Comment

No, you're right. I somehow thought you had to have 2 hives to get Charge. Bleh.

Nvm.

Mom
                    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                    Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X