Required Reading just got easier to consume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required Reading just got easier to consume

Many thanks to [MENTION=8124]aeroripper[/MENTION], who has lead the admin effort to transition our Required Reading to a Google Document which is easier than forum posts to read (and maintain).

This document is now the authority for this information and is the only resource cited in the Required Reading sticky thread.

I'll also be trimming the "M > Info" menu in the game, and most (if not all) of the remaining buttons will point to subsections of this new document.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-25-2014, 06:59 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Required Reading just got easier to consume

On second thought, I've kept the old stickied Required Reading thread, but I've just updated it with the new content, so that old links to "Required Reading" won't be broken.

I've edited OP to reflect this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The M > Info menu has been slimmed down significantly to just 3 categories. Newer players that have technical questions (scoreboard letters/icons, reserved slot logic, etc...) and any other similar information, can be directed towards the M > Info > TGNS FAQ link. That should cover pretty much anything related to the server.

Any player asking how they get a reserved slot, should be directed towards "M > Info > Required Reading". I cleaned up this area significantly, and made it (hopefully) much easier to read and navigate for new players. I'm most interested in feedback on this change, or any other part of the document!
      Last edited by aeroripper; 08-25-2014, 08:20 PM.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

:/ http://i.imgur.com/0U49fbr.png Formatting could use some work. A lot is getting cut off.

Comment

I mentioned this in-game, but just to ensure it is not forgotten: The "Press M > Info > TGNS FAQ" or whatever text that shows up on the screen overlaps with the "get a commander to start the game" and similar splashes.
          remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
            I mentioned this in-game, but just to ensure it is not forgotten: The "Press M > Info > TGNS FAQ" or whatever text that shows up on the screen overlaps with the "get a commander to start the game" and similar splashes.
            That is me using sh_csay when I'm on the server. I turned my objective banners back on so I can see when those are displayed :)

:/ http://i.imgur.com/0U49fbr.png Formatting could use some work. A lot is getting cut off.
            I tried the document (just today in fact) on 3 different browsers to see if I could reproduce this. It looks normal in all 3. Do you have custom "large text" settings in windows or have your zoom level beyond 100%?

Comment

I'm running google chrome. Here's another picture. http://i.imgur.com/l2diFW5.jpg Notice the text appears to WANT to be the right size based on how it looks when selected. :/ Zoom is at 100%, no large text options that I'm aware of. If I try zooming in and out with the mouse wheel, it doesn't fix this problem, just makes it smaller/bigger.

Also, under "I'm banned" it says contact an "NS" admin... maybe that should be "TGNS" admin?

Comment

I'm running google chrome. Here's another picture. http://i.imgur.com/l2diFW5.jpg Notice the text appears to WANT to be the right size based on how it looks when selected. :/ Zoom is at 100%, no large text options that I'm aware of. If I try zooming in and out with the mouse wheel, it doesn't fix this problem, just makes it smaller/bigger.

Also, under "I'm banned" it says contact an "NS" admin... maybe that should be "TGNS" admin?
                Hmm. I'm going to leave it as is until others indicate they're having the same problem (could be an isolated issue on your end). I've changed "NS" to "TGNS".
                Last edited by aeroripper; 08-27-2014, 09:53 PM. Reason: lol, quoting my own quote

Comment

so yea, same issue as beige with chrome, but i noticed when i first launched the page, everthing was formatted good, then the text size increased to look exactly like beige's picture, i dont have any time right now to troubleshoot, but i will this evening

Comment

I'll check it out myself when I get a chance, thanks for your hard work [MENTION=8124]aeroripper[/MENTION] !

Comment

Originally posted by BeigeAlert View Post

Originally posted by spiffjbug View Post
                      so yea, same issue as beige with chrome, but i noticed when i first launched the page, everthing was formatted good, then the text size increased to look exactly like beige's picture, i dont have any time right now to troubleshoot, but i will this evening
                      I'm at a loss as what's causing this (and how to fix it in google doc). Initially I thought it was something to do with my page margins (they're 1" on left/right, and 0" on top/bottom) but then it would appear weird for everyone. I am also using google chrome. Do you guys have an custom add-ons or plugins that change text size within google Chrome? Are you able to test with other browsers like firefox and see if you receive the same results?

EDIT:

Under your google chrome advanced settings, do you have any text settings under Web Content, beyond "medium" selection? Any custom fonts used for chrome? I've tried very large but it has no effect on google docs for me.

Comment

It's weird but I assume it's an issue with my browser, as only part of the text is formatted wrong, the PC I am using is a fresh install of both windows 7 and chrome, with no settings changed to chrome, but using chrome on my iPad it's all good. Go figure. Thanks for making it all easier to read, it should help the community grow

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X