Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new maps

Custom Maps

Wooza added a listing for my map in this and directed me to the page when he did. I noticed there are some maps on here that we have not tried before. Not sure if anyone has. I didn't see them when I was hosting the custom night a while back, so not sure if they're new or if they were just missed.

Either way, a couple look nice. Haven't looked at balancing. Of course, there is always the option to tgns any maps listed here. Certainly not looking for another tanith, though... but if it's simple stuff, I got no problem with it. Can't start another tanith till I finish the tanith I already have. :P

ns2_stratos (WIP) <- this looks especially interesting. From a developer standpoint, just looking at it, I can tell there has been a LOT of effort and work put in to this map. Whether or not it's balanced, etc... who knows.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Possible new maps

Yea stratos would be worth a play, but he never did a greybox test... so kinda up in the air whether or not it's balanced.

Comment

Well, again, if it's nice and it's something we want, I can work to balance if it's small stuff. Not looking at rebuilding anything crazy any time soon. Just depends on what it is.

Maps this recent, though, I'll have to go through the creator to make sure they're okay with me creating a TGNS version... assuming the last update was recent, and not 13 years ago.

Mom
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I think he might still be working on this one... not sure though.

Comment

Have we tried Derelict?

Steam Workshop :: Derelict
          remi.D

Comment

ns2_stratos is certainly ready to test. It is fully built and fully detailed. I successfully cysted to every node in the map from the starting hive. Anything beyond that I cannot speak to.

Concerns: There are a lot of tight corners coupled with a lot of wide, open, and long hallways. There are very few LOS blocks in the hallways themselves, but the rooms are mostly good about this. There is not much of a vent system, but the vents that are in play look very nice. The map can be confusing to navigate. This is largely just a lack of experience with the map.

Steam Workshop :: ns2_Stratos

ns2_derelict & ns2_derelict_reboot are both not detailed. The starting node in ns2_derelict on the Alien team was not cysted. It was bleeding out. It is my opinion that neither of them are ready to be live in our server. _reboot looks nice where it is detailed, but I'm afraid it is largely unbalanced in these areas.

Will test others when I get time.

Mom
            Last edited by YerMom; 09-05-2014, 07:00 PM.

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I loaded ns2_triad from this list and realized we have tested it before. It didn't work out, but I can't remember why.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...