Variable Persistence Request And Custom Map Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable Persistence Request And Custom Map Suggestion

I know you've set sh_fps to remember your choice, and it's absolutely awesome.

Can we do it with the specmode? I hate getting that spam in the chat, and I always have the same settings.

Anyone else see this as fruitful?

Secondly, could we check into ns2_Mineral.

It's a really great map.

Re: Variable Persistence Request And Custom Map Suggestion

I'll do both.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

ns2_mineral is on the server.

The server now remembers your sh_specmode setting.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Thank you for taking the time to share what you wanted.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Does this mean the chat spam will stay off even if the "all comms" option is the remembered one?
          remi.D

Comment

That's the design, yes. Let me know if that fails.

Comment

Fantastic! The constant chat spam if I forgot to choose all comms was a little annoying sometimes.
              Who you gonna call?

Comment

I've added ns2_mineral to map votes.

Comment

You know, this "specmode persistence" feature was requested long ago, when specmodes first launched. Either I thought persistence was a bad idea, or maybe I just got tired and forgot. I don't remember, but of course it didn't happen then.

Then someone brings it up out of the blue and I've got it done in no time.

I really appreciate when people point out improvement opportunities in existing mods. It gives me a chance to re-access. Yeah, I say "no" often enough, but knowing someone wants something and can articulate why it would add value is powerful.

Comment

I believe your reasoning was that people would have it set to something other than all-coms and then join at another time and not realize it is still set to the same and that they'd be missing out on some of the communication, so defaulting to the all comms option on join made and still makes sense.

The chat spam has been the problem the whole time. I brought it up before and in response you made it so it would only show until you've set your mode. That change has now resulted in this request, but it seems like the aspect of this which is really the purpose of the request and which should be persistent is just the muting of the spam, not which mode you actually have set.

With the current implementation, it just so happens that for people who always have all coms selected, the result is the same. For people who toggle it frequently it is more likely to be set to something unintended on join.
                    remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X