quick "Feedback" feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick "Feedback" feature

With the admins' help, I've added a "Feedback" feature to the TGNS Portal. This is an informal and brief one-way message to the admins. By design, the admins aren't notified right away (rather, we see an indicator next time we're on the Portal ourselves).

The in-game menu now links directly to this form (M > Feedback). Some users have reported problems using the form with the Shine browser, but it works fine in the Steam browser.

Feel free to use it for anything you want us to know (mod defects, admin appreciation, feature requests, player reports, etc), but don't use it for /conversation/, as -- again by design -- I didn't build any feature that allows us to respond via the Portal.

Except for the fact that it's not anonymous, it closely compares to a "Suggestion Box": drop your note, and we'll read it soon.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Unchanged: If you need to have a conversation with the admins, please continue to use CAA.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: quick "Feedback" feature

Just a bump on this thread. Great feature.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

This was recently integrated into the in-game scoreboard via an "Admin Feedback" entry in each player's scoreboard menu (click on a player's scoreboard row to show the menu for that player). I forget where, but I announced the menu recently when we launched it (the menu is part of NS2+, and TGNS has customized entries).

I just wanted to mention that some of you are using the "Admin Feedback" feature to send the full admins notes, and I really appreciate it. It only takes a moment (the info about the player you're giving feedback on is pre-filled out for you when you click on the menu option), and it helps us a lot in making sure exemplary people are recognized and patterns of undesirable behavior stay manageable.

Thank you, and keep it up.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Bumping this again for any new regulars that aren't familiar with this feature. Great way to give 1 way in-game feedback to the full admins (outside of existing avenues like the CAA).
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Bump for new folks. Remember that this tool sends the message to all admins, which helps us manage (as opposed to Steam IM one-way messages, which can more easily get lost in the administrative shuffle). Also remember you get no response using this tool, but the page links to the CAA forum for any concerns requiring dialog.

Comment

Bump.

Received two uses of this command tonight from two different players while they were on the game server. Both very helpful. Feel free to use it anytime.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X