Marine/Alien Win Ratio - A Test...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine/Alien Win Ratio - A Test...

Quite the conversation in the server tonight on a perceived ratio of aliens winning much more.

One, could we pull metrics over the last 4 weeks of Marine/Alien wins? Could we do it for Capt games only?

Second, an option to assist marines. Could we add a plugin that adds a 2nd IP at 8v8? To compensate, increase marine respawn by 2 seconds?

Would like to see if having additional IP frees up res to gt a better early game in hand.

Thoughts?

Re: Marine/Alien Win Ratio - A Test...

Let's add the plugin and see how it feels. Does it exist, or do I have to write it?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Of course it doesn't exist. You'd think I'd be that helpful?

As far as I know at least. If you, oh great code wizard, could write it, that would be amazing.

Comment

I'd be in favor of giving it a try. I did think there was a plugin/mod for this already - checking now.

Edit: couldn't find it on the workshop, but I know there was another server I played on a while back that had 2nd IPs earlier than in standard play. So it must exist, just not published

Comment

I was mobile earlier. To expound, I don't want to publish stats just yet. The balance perception is what it is, and this is a fairly simple experiment to try, so let's try it and see how it feels.

I've modded the server such that a Marine team starting the game with 8 players begins with two IPs, with spawn time increased (for the entire game) by 2 seconds. Should the spawn delay return to stock if an IP dies? Or upon some other event during the game?

To be clear, my code doesn't alter how/where infantry portals are spawned. Rather, it overrides the stock player count code, only when there truly are exactly 8 players at the very start of the game, to /report/ 9 players only during the exact moment at which the Marine team's initial structures are being spawned, so as to cause the game to run the /stock/ 2-IP code.

Feedback welcome. Please report defects.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The only workshop mod I found was [Shine] Extra Plugins: Steam Workshop :: [Shine] Extra Plugins

It has some other stuff like PregamePlus, etc, that may be undesirable. He does have a wiki link and a github link on the workshop page.

I do think a 2nd IP would be a nice balance change.

Comment

I was thinking of a way to increase respawn to stock times after consideration, but honestly, with a free IP, a third would be a simple way to resolve that.

The only thing I did think of is maybe a second chair restored normal spawn time.

Thanks Wyz, looking forward to trying it.

Comment

Possible bug. At the start of the game, the marine commander spawns outside the chair. This happened 3 times in a row, even with a map change.

Comment

Did anyone play an 8v8 game on Saturday that spawned the Marine Commander correctly (in the chair)?

Comment

I've yet to play with this but the increased spawn times don't sit well with me. to those who have played this: what do you think?

aliens tend to have much better results in the long game. I think more marines need to realize this and adapt accordingly as marines are much stronger in the earlier game.

Comment

I'm fine with trying whatever but my .02 on adding a second IP to artificially boost marines is that it shouldn't be necessary (aka marines should deal with it accordingly..) and given 2 evenly balanced teams with equal "tier 1" players on both sides it will give marines a clear field advantage AND tech tree advantage. Most games end with only having 2 ips so this means marines get to spend that 20 res on something else. All the while aliens have the same tech upgrade ability and the same respawn timer as before.

Comment

Not ignoring FARV's comment: I'll try to fix MarineCommanderGroundSpawn defect tonight.

Don't let my code repairs delay any further "do we throw the change out altogether?" discussion.

Comment

with out a chance to play with these options turned on, maybe we should wait for another captains night to really get a feel for how it changes the balance of the game

Comment

In the few games I played today, no major differences in M/A wins. Although, it didn't give marines a huge buff, one of my fears.

I did personally witness a base rush that would have, without 2 ips, been successful. However, marines held on, but later lost.

Comment

FWIW, the MarineCommanderGroundSpawn defect is fixed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X