Great games tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great games tonight

Had a lot of great games tonight one after the other. Refinery was probably the standout out of all of them though since it kept going back and forth so much. So many great plays that game (ceiling gorge bile, secret tunnel to kill flow power, great lerk/onos combos and constant fade harassment). Marines must have killed at least half a dozen hives that game.

Good work!
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Great games tonight

Came here to post the same thing, and here's this thread already here.

As I said on the game server, tonight was a veritable Fun Game factory.

So fun.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Instead of making a new thread I thought I'd hijack this thread to say: Holy cow these past few nights have been a blast almost every game I have been in has been a ton of fun thanks to everyone envolved.

Comment

Yeah. Tonight again. Yowzers. Primo.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Also didn't want to start a new thread. I haven't played NS2 in months and recently decided to give it a shot at TGNS. I was pleasantly surprised. All games had great teamwork, plenty of communication, and fantastic commanders.

I have been playing on TGNS servers since natural selection 1 and the quality of public games you guys have are unmatched (IMO). Plus I prefer to have smaller, 16 player servers. Thank you to all the staff and supporters.

Comment

That docking match... 'nuff said. *drops mic

Comment

Marines did superbly that game. I hope Aliens had as much fun as we did, frustrations included.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                Marines did superbly that game. I hope Aliens had as much fun as we did, frustrations included.
                Agreed. You guys had us down to 1 node and 1 hive for some time. I lost track of how many onos we lost, but in the last 10-15 minutes or so we were able to keep 3-5 RTs to keep replenishing our lifeforms and push back. At the very end, you guys killed our last active hive in gen, and I dropped the locker and departures hive unbuilt while the team finished off your last base at shipping.

I've noticed that longer games tend to favor aliens as long as they keep pushing back.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                  Agreed. You guys had us down to 1 node and 1 hive for some time. I lost track of how many onos we lost, but in the last 10-15 minutes or so we were able to keep 3-5 RTs to keep replenishing our lifeforms and push back. At the very end, you guys killed our last active hive in gen, and I dropped the locker and departures hive unbuilt while the team finished off your last base at shipping.

I've noticed that longer games tend to favor aliens as long as they keep pushing back.
                  Yea, we spent a long time working lifeforms, but you always had another onos alive.

Had we gotten all your onos down, we would have rushed your hive, but with those onos we had to remain in base to keep them alive.

In the end our final rush was just, we drained and want to move on. We going to take a gamble and win or lose. But either way it will be over.
                  Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Sweet, sweet finality.

Comment

It's always a good game when the crew is in. :)

Comment

Had quite a few ggs tonight. The 45 min round on tram was long but fun. Enjoyed watching the onos in repair protecting his gorge with bone shield.

Comment

Fantastic games. Had fun on tram. Had fun watching several others.

Comment

Just a note to express how entertained I've been by many of the games for the past week. Really fun, including several I've lost. Some of the games have had fairly discombobulated teams figure out teamwork during the game and dramatically change how they're acting before the game's end -- good times! I appreciate the leadership many of you have shown.

Comment

Best hour of descent I've ever had tonight. Holy crap. Aliens did SO well. Happy to lose that game. Many thanks to the Marines. You guys did VERY well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X