Happy Hour!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Hour!

Hey, I was wondering what you guys thought about having an hour or two organized at some point during the week where we kinda goof off a bit. I was thinking originally having some time where the server is switched to a different mod (I played an NS1 mod today which was alot of fun, plus siege, etc...) if that's logistically/technically possible. If not that, it could even just be a time where it's only new comms/trying new strats/only custom maps or something, or maybe allowing higher than 8v8. I figure in real life its usually Friday where big nights happen, which we already have with captains night, and usually it's Thursday where people go out after work for happy hour with friends to just relax, but this could be any day/time really. It wouldn't need to be as structured as captains night, or even every week, but if an admin is around then flip the server to primer/donor/admin for an hour or two and just have a little bit of fun, say Thursdays 10-12pm.

This idea may have been a bit more viable in NS1 where you could do comm chair relocations and whatnot, but its always fun to see what people come up with when they aren't playing serious or needing to worry about new players, or being competitive like with captains night.

Anyways, thoughts?

Re: Happy Hour!

I like the idea. I could likely help accommodate mod needs. There /are/ tech restrictions, but let's get to that if more discussion (or lack thereof) doesn't shoot the whole idea down first.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I like the idea of having a mod testing night. I don't know if there are enough quality mods to really warrant a reoccurring thing, though. I'm not very interested in trying out custom maps.
      I am also all for having newb com mirror match games. Those tend to be fun, if the rest of the team can be patient and give the com space/time to learn.
      remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
        I am also all for having newb com mirror match games. Those tend to be fun, if the rest of the team can be patient and give the com space/time to learn.
        Cast my vote for this. Making quality commanders for the community is a good thing, and we tend to be less than effective in doing so due to our focus on quality strategy. Having an evening for it would be awesome, I think.

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't even need to be very organized. I just find we spend a lot of the regular playing time trying to balance teams and have competitive play while also integrating new players which can be tough, and so captains night comes around and its go time and we're killin it and the teams are stacked for both sides and its a great set of scrim level games. But no where in there is time to relax a bit and do a gorge rush, or straight exo no upgrades strat, things like that where people dont much care about the end result. As well there's no real time for Matrix to hop in the seat and finally figure out for the first time in 12 years how to command.

Just a thought, maybe next time its a random thursday and we have a full boat of regulars we can just say its screw around time, start with new comm's and go from there, maybe there will be a cool new map or mod someone wants to try out with people and we just trust em on it and if it sucks we have a good time anyways and move on.

Comment

I'm down! I like the idea. I would love to test out the NS1 mod with the regular guys.

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
              I like this idea better than the mod testing night, actually. It would be really nice to have a no-pressure time to learn commander.

Comment

technically speaking new commander hour will be easier to setup than experimenting with mods. i'm interested in trying this out, though i do not want to commit to anything weekly like captains until we try it a few times and have ample interest.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X