babblers as khamm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babblers as khamm

Is this a known exploit? is it legal? my guess is it isn't intended.
    Last edited by jack^; 02-06-2015, 11:16 PM.

Re: babblers as khamm

Dude, that's awesome, and if isn't intended it is an awesome bonus feature we need to explore more!

Comment

Originally posted by jack^ View Post
      Is this a known exploit? is it legal? my guess is it isn't intended.
      I talked to Remedy about it, and well it was not quite intended, it not considered an exploit.

I think I was the one, or at least one of the first, to really figure it out, and have told several admins on the server how to do so. No one has told me otherwise.

It works out in my mind as the same thing as having the Khamm drop a gorge tunnel. Something you only see in Captain games and very long pub games.
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Mm. I had considered it to be pretty insignificant when I first heard about it but if khamms are using it to hit extractors and draw marines out of position it could be having a greater effect on the game than I expected. In that capacity, I'd argue that it is an exploit.

edit: Fix checked in for next patch. :)

If wyz wants to fix in TG mod:
        Code:
        if Server then
            function Babbler:MoveRandom()

PROFILE("Babbler:MoveRandom")

if self.moveType == kBabblerMoveType.None and self:GetIsOnGround() then

// check for targets to attack
                    local target = self.targetSelector:AcquireTarget()
                    local owner = self:GetOwner()
                    local activeWeapon = owner ~= nil and owner:GetActiveWeapon()
                    local ownerOrigin = owner and ( not owner:isa("Commander") and owner:GetOrigin() or owner.lastGroundOrigin )

if target then
                        self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Attack, target, target:GetOrigin())

elseif owner and activeWeapon and activeWeapon:isa("BabblerAbility") and not activeWeapon:GetRecentlyThrown() and ownerOrigin and (ownerOrigin - self:GetOrigin()):GetLength() <= 6 then    
                        self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Wag, owner, ownerOrigin)

elseif owner and ownerOrigin and (ownerOrigin - self:GetOrigin()):GetLength() > 8 then
                        // mama gorge is too far away, hurry back to the warm glowy belly!
                        self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Move, nil, ownerOrigin)

else

// nothing to do, find something "interesting" (maybe glowing)
                        local targetPos = FindSomethingInteresting(self)

if targetPos then
                            self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Move, nil, targetPos)
                        end 

end

// jump randomly
                    if math.random() < 0.6 then
                        self:JumpRandom()
                    end

end

return self:GetIsAlive() 

end
        end
        Last edited by blu.knight; 02-07-2015, 01:13 PM.
        remi.D

Comment

Dont hate on them cute lil babblers
          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight View Post
            Mm. I had considered it to be pretty insignificant when I first heard about it but if khamms are using it to hit extractors and draw marines out of position it could be having a greater effect on the game than I expected. In that capacity, I'd argue that it is an exploit.

edit: Fix checked in for next patch. :)

If wyz wants to fix in TG mod:
            Code:
            if Server then
                function Babbler:MoveRandom()

PROFILE("Babbler:MoveRandom")

if self.moveType == kBabblerMoveType.None and self:GetIsOnGround() then

// check for targets to attack
                        local target = self.targetSelector:AcquireTarget()
                        local owner = self:GetOwner()
                        local activeWeapon = owner ~= nil and owner:GetActiveWeapon()
                        local ownerOrigin = owner and ( not owner:isa("Commander") and owner:GetOrigin() or owner.lastGroundOrigin )

if target then
                            self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Attack, target, target:GetOrigin())

elseif owner and activeWeapon and activeWeapon:isa("BabblerAbility") and not activeWeapon:GetRecentlyThrown() and ownerOrigin and (ownerOrigin - self:GetOrigin()):GetLength() <= 6 then    
                            self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Wag, owner, ownerOrigin)

elseif owner and ownerOrigin and (ownerOrigin - self:GetOrigin()):GetLength() > 8 then
                            // mama gorge is too far away, hurry back to the warm glowy belly!
                            self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Move, nil, ownerOrigin)

else

// nothing to do, find something "interesting" (maybe glowing)
                            local targetPos = FindSomethingInteresting(self)

if targetPos then
                                self:SetMoveType(kBabblerMoveType.Move, nil, targetPos)
                            end 

end

// jump randomly
                        if math.random() < 0.6 then
                            self:JumpRandom()
                        end

end

return self:GetIsAlive() 

end
            end
            So the end result of this, is that if the Comm has babblers, they just randomly run around?
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Nah, they'll just hang around the hive.
              remi.D

Comment

Facepalmed in spec tonight when I overheard someone tell a teammate that "I think maybe Wyz has outlawed babblers, or something", despite my having said nothing to anyone about any of this. Don't believe everything you hear, for sure.

[MENTION=11204]blu.knight[/MENTION] what's the code do, precisely? The babblers stay near their parent gorge, hive or not?
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The babblers will stay by the parent gorge. If the parent gorge is in a hive, they will stay by that hive. If the parent gorge exits the hive, they will resume following the parent gorge.
                  remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X