X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Night 2/20

Rules and Info:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...uidelines.html

Please be sure to check out the Captains Draft occurring next weekend. It is 8v8 style play. Winning team gets SM slotting free for a month, the other 3 captains get 1 week free of SM slotting. Entrants just need to be available to play on 3/1, captains need to be available for this Sunday 2/22 for draft and 3/1 for gameplay. Sign ups close at 3pm CST this Sunday the 22nd.

Captains Draft Info:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ins-draft.html

Captains Draft Signups:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...t-signups.html

Re: Captains Night 2/20

Please report here or in CAA any Captains mod defects that happen tonight.

Please do not report via Steam IM. I'm committed elsewhere tonight and cannot assist immediately.

Please do not leave defects unreported.

I haven't changed the Captains mod code in several days, but this will be its greatest (but not its first) test since its deployment.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

server is Taunt, pass is tgns3400

Comment

captains mod let 17 total people in during the opt in process (2 capt, 15 players)

Comment

Lost most players and spectators during first match. I stayed connected along with some others, and no packet loss or above average jitter from my location.

Happened again before the next match even began. Suspect software bug.

Comment

Just managed to have someone start a captains game of ???? vs ????.

That was interesting.
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Repro steps are great if you can manage that. Even guesses.

If you think you could manage that if you just had more time, consider that you don't have to report in real time tonight. You can report tomorrow sometime, too.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

3rd round also failed in the same way. No idea what caused it.

Looks like we are trying the next one with captains mod disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                  Repro steps are great if you can manage that. Even guesses.

If you think you could manage that if you just had more time, consider that you don't have to report in real time tonight. You can report tomorrow sometime, too.
                  We still not sure what caused it, but we were able to now get 18 players. By having those not opted in just keep trying when the Captain mode starts.

I think the Captain plugin needs to be backed out, as if it running we get red plugs on players.

Comment

Only some players red-plugged? At no time did the entire server simultaneously red plug?

Based on what you've observed, why might the server have chosen the clients it did? Any theories?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      Only some players red-plugged? At no time did the entire server simultaneously red plug?

Based on what you've observed, why might the server have chosen the clients it did? Any theories?
                      Only some players are redplugged, but given that the plugin is allowing more then the normal 16, I have a theory that parts of the plugin get confused about players in certain cases and people get dropped because of it. Every time it has done it, we have had 17 or 18 players in the mod.

We just had 4 normal games with no issues without the plugin running, and with it running we had red plug happening every time, be it in a few minutes or a few seconds.

Comment

Very helpful post. Thank you.

Comment

Also to point out, the first round we did without the mod running had some severe ping and packet loss issues in the middle that affected a lot of the players. I was running ping plotter and it was originating in *.cogentco.com. After a few minutes of it, it looked like I got rerouted and then everything was fine. The way people were getting kicked out felt very similar to me to the issues a few weeks ago, so I'm not really sure how much the captains mod had to do with it (other than having a coincidental correlation).
                          remi.D

Comment

Right. I'm trying to just gather data gratefully at the moment, but the reports I'm getting are NOT what I'd expect with a code root cause.

Possible, though. I've been surprised before.

Comment

I did some slight testing during all the issues.

Both servers seem to have redplug issues when captains mod was active on either server.

Captains mod started without any captains, meaning that someone could initiate the mod just by opting in.

The 16 player threshold for captains mod was NOT in effect.

Even after server restarts, captains mod caused redplugs on both servers.

With one server down and the other up, captains mod still had redplug issues.

Gameplay was fine without captains mod, and one server up. Performance was excellent with only one server up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X