2/24 8PM Central on Chuckle : Captains Mod testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/24 8PM Central on Chuckle : Captains Mod testing

Please join me for repetitive and focused testing of the Captains Mod code tonight from 8PM until we're convinced all is right. Some "gameplay" will inevitably happen on accident, but the focus will be on the meta ceremony imposed by the mod, not anything regarding gameplay itself.

The password will be "password". Give it to whomever is prepared to be constantly interrupted and purposefully managed. I'll ask for certain scenarios to be played out, then I'll disappear to write code. That cycle will repeat many times.

Thank you in advance to anyone selfless enough to give time. It means a lot to me.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 2/24 8PM Central on Chuckle : Captains Mod testing

If you send out a broadcast 10-15 mins before I should be able to make it

Comment

Re: 2/24 8PM Central on Chuckle : Captains Mod testing

Wildly helpful testing and bug fixing tonight. Thank you to everyone who showed up!! :)

I've not heard of anything from last Friday night that was a show-stopper, short of the redplugs, which I think were correlation, not causation. And the Captains code is in better shape now than it was last Friday night. So, the code will remain on the server unless/until we find show-stopping defects.

Untested tonight:

) more than 16 may opt-in (I *have* made code changes to try to fix this -- I might have been successful.)

Features whose most recent tests tonight were successful:

) Non-captains may not opt-in before Captains (reports last Friday that this was allowed... and in fact that Captains mode was enabled before Captains were opted in.... both factually incorrect, as near as I can tell, but now-fixed defective "???" green text on the screen reasonably misled some into thinking so)

) players who played in the most recent Captains round must wait 5 seconds after opt-ins open before opting in

) SMs may opt in during this first 5 seconds (after both Captains are defined)

) Captains of the most recent Captains round may opt in during this first 5 seconds (after both Captains are defined)

) Players who did not play in the most recent Captains round may opt in during this first 5 seconds (after both Captains are defined)

) SMs may opt-in early, before both Captains are defined ( if not Captains Night, they must be on a team )

) Captains of the most recent Captains round may opt-in early, before both Captains are defined ( if not Captains Night, they must be on a team )

) when being on a team is required to opt-in (a la mid-week), leaving the team removes your opt-in

) joining Spectate always removes your opt-in

I hope I'm not forgetting anything. If anyone has any specific questions about specific behaviors of the code at this time, please submit those questions anywhere in these forums.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X