Farewell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell

I want to formally announce my resignation as an admin on TGNS. It has been made clear that my mantra of the admin role has become misaligned with that of the leadership. As a result, I have been asked to step down from my role as an admin. I donít take this decision lightly but think it is for the best.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the players that have welcomed my tenure as an admin over the past couple of years. Many of you have helped me grow not only as an admin, but as a person as well. I can only hope that my time here as an admin has brought joy to those that have played at TGNS and that my many hours of involvement have created an enjoyable environment for those that have taken part in our community.

I will also be stepping down as the host of Captains Night and relinquishing myself of any involvement in the event. While I know that many of you have enjoyed my creation over the years, I apologize for any grief this will cause anyone in the future.

While this is a hard decision, I have no idea what the future holds for me and my miragenos as it pertains to TGNS. For those that would like to keep in touch, I would ask you to use Steam IM. So long and thanks for all the fish.

-mirage

Re: Farewell

Three cheers for everything you've done. Your contributions and accomplishments certainly brought me lots of joy on the whole. I don't want to speak for everyone else, but you helped me grow, too. Many thanks!

For those wondering: mirage -- while rock solid on more objective rules -- couldn't bring himself to enforce some of the more nuanced expectations I have. We do a disservice to players when we create varied expectations about what's to be expected, even regarding some matters not in black and white. Most players (mirage included, of course) carry themselves right in the center of what's allowed, but we should be consistent even toward players on the fringes.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Removing the best admin that the community has? What a great idea. He was the most approachable and reasonable admin on the team. Disappointing, to say the least.

I doubt anyone will be able to fill Mirage's shoes let alone do it better. You're wonderful Mirage!

Comment

Thanks for your time and efforts Mirage, I hope to play with you again in the future even if not with you as an admin. You have definitely challenged me to grow, hopefully I have done so at least somewhat!

Comment

It's been a fun ride with you (and not just on Friday nights), but after all this time I never realized you were a dolphin...

I honestly don't know what to say regarding mirage not living up to the expectations of the management, but I can safely say he did a much better job of policing the community than I ever have so I feel like I should not be a guardian any longer. How do I opt out of being a temp admin?
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

sh_guardian is a toggle command in your client console, so you can change your opt-in status anytime.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

mirage, you have my utmost respect for what you brought and continue to bring to TG and to NS.

A true practitioner of the assumption of good faith, I'm proud to be your friend. I don't know the finer details of your departure, but my observation since my joining the community is that you've been worthy of the highest administrative accolades.

If I can offer any words to the TG admins that remain: be like mirage.

Comment

This seems sudden ... but its been fun and good luck! Hope to see you around on the servers some time, even if it is not on TGNS.

Comment

Nobody likes surprises, but this seeming sudden to those not party to the admin forum is to be expected -- core to my design is keeping public (and private, FWIW) drama to a minimum. It's sometimes hard to balance that with "let players know what's going on".

Comment

Mirage, I hope you still play on TGNS! Who knows, maybe with admin responsibility gone it will be more fun?

:row__579:

Comment

personally i think mirage did a great job
                      and picking up on the "asked to step down from admin" makes me feel like we arent getting the whole picture here
                      and while i have the utmost respect for both wyz and mirage for their tireless and quite often thankless jobs i can see the political minded question dodging vaguity that comes out when something wants to be kept private
                      i just hope the disagreement wasn't too serious
                      There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

Mirage, I only state I feel your contribution to the community in your position of admin has been the most outstanding, and one I hope more follow.

It has been a privilege and an honor, sir, and I hope that, in time, things will be much more in line with your execution of TGNS rules and regulations.

I, too, shed any Guardian status, as I feel mirage has, to me, come to embody the soul of what TGNS should be.

Hope to see you ingame, wherever that may be.

Comment

I'm taking a bit of a break from playing NS2 currently, but I do want to say that I'd always highly respected you and the great effort you put into making TG a comfortable place to play. It's a sad surprise but I hope to be able to play with you again!

Comment

Mirage, I think you've been a wonderful admin, and I'm sorry to see you step down from the post. It's unfortunate that no compromise could be made regarding the aforementioned 'nuanced expectations'.

I hope to play with you again soon, admin or no.

Comment

You've been a source of inspiration for me as a guardian, you've always been friendly, and tough but fair. I hope you do decide to drop by from time to time, even if it's just to hang.
                              HaX^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X