Captain's Night 3/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain's Night 3/13

I'll be hosting tonight's captains, but I won't be able to stay all night so regulars will need to organize themselves afterwards. Password lifts automatically at midnight.

Same rules and procedures we've grown accustomed to: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...uidelines.html

I'll post the password close to 7pm CST.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Captain's Night 3/13

Password is tgns1112 on Chuckle

Comment

Great games! Thanks to everyone that volunteered to captain as well.

Biodome was a fun/long match in particular, and we had a hard time closing the deal on aliens that game.

Comment

Fantastic commanding on Biodome Aero. I felt like you were my guarding angel.

Comment

Thanks for hosting tonight Aeroripper!

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieMD View Post
            wish we had video of that round, i wanted to see the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieMD View Post
              Hehe thanks! Some thoughts:

PROs
              - We had pretty solid map control and were maintaining res dominance with a PG in platform and hydro.
              - Multiple observatories in each tech point
              - I was sieging out filtration, agri, and falls harvesters over and over again (sometimes all 3 at once), which seemed to have little effect on the alien team due to lifeforms not dying enough, or being quickly replaced.
              - Full upgrades, including exos, nanoshield, and catpacks were in play
              - Team was working together very well to maintain those positions and trying to kill well supported lifeforms.

CONs

- Forgot backup arms lab/IPs in one of the other tech points. I power surged the PG in reception after the beacon went off and the power was down, but realized we had no upgrades (I should have surged the arms lab). I feel the writing was already on the wall at this point, regardless.

- Had to trade a base and take out one (or both) of their hives. The game would be over very rapidly after making this move one way or the other. There's a lot more than can go wrong for the marine team versus the aliens with this maneuver. Even if we managed to kill both of their hives before they hit all of our command stations, aliens can redrop hives at will to stay in the game due to the glut of res they collect once everything is upgraded at 2 hives like they had. Nothing can stop them except savagely killing their fades/onos multiple times, and even then its not a sure deal due to the high mobility afforded to basic lifeforms that can get around your main front lines.

Marines can't redrop command stations to stay in the game remotely due to the blueprint system like alien comms, and likely couldn't afford it anyways due to supporting the team with meds/ammo/catpacks/nano in the rushes.

- We should have done a rush to hit all their upgrades, which would have had a much bigger impact on the game than keeping them on 1 res node.

Outside of those issues, it was still a fun game. If aliens have high morale and excellent coordination, there isn't much you can do to keep them from rebounding from every defeat.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...