Goodbye forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye forever

Is what I say to your command chair when I open a tunnel in your base.

bind space chuckle

But seriously guys observatories are defensive structures and they're only 10 res. They should be placed liberally. I see a lot of rounds where marines have only one observatory, to get the necessary upgrades and scan and beacon. Or one per tech point. I contend they should be -everywhere-, at both corners of the same room, and anywhere you want held.

It's more expensive on paper, and you'll say "Well that cash could go into other, more useful tech" but my anecdotal experience is that there is a direct correlation between placing forward observatories and saving money on medpacks and lost structures and resource towers due to unblocked lanes.

If an observatory in System Waypointing facilitates the prevented destruction of Skylights and Overlook for just 1 additional minute, it's already paid for itself. It's a money maker.

Plus it's impossible to be unable to beacon to base. Every time a commander says "I can't beacon, they killed my [one-and-only] observatory" I cringe.

Can I please get a custom skulk skin that is just a corgi.

Re: Goodbye forever

I'll try it.

Also:

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

They should have sent a poet

Comment

LOL misleading thread title. I agree with your ... observations :icon12: ... about observatories. Also, a penny saved is a penny earned. - Abraham Lincoln
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Indeed. I thought we lost another regular. Personally, TGNS is the single reason why I still bother with this game. Playing anywhere else, which unfortunately I'm forced to during day games, is way too frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
            LOL misleading thread title. I agree with your ... observations :icon12: ... about observatories. Also, a penny saved is a penny earned. - Abraham Lincoln
            What an applicable quote to this conversation. Does this mean we can blame Lincoln for the acronym LOL?
            remi.D

Comment

We've blamed him for worse.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

heart skipped a beat there, but yes, I agree.
                HaX^

Comment

how about a thorgi?
                  There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

lulz. That's adorable.

Comment

could always go for the option of the queen being a corgi
                      warning: this may offend some viewers
                      posters note: if you are offended you're a wussy

it is safe for work and there is no nudity, but a couple of bleeped out swear words and suggestive behaviour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9O2RqYxqk
                      There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

I agree, a few observatories can make keeping control of the map as a marine a lot easier. Yes if marines are covering all lanes and liberally communicating information from each of their viewpoints strategically you should be covered, but the observatories make it so the minimap and overall map are that much more useful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X